Sign in to follow this  

Good place to stage/park my truck around Hinkley or Harper drylake

I have seen people stage from the parking lot of the Hinkley store . It would probably be a good to ask permission first though .

I have seen people stage from the parking lot of the Hinkley store . It would probably be a good to ask permission first though .

...Im thinking Hinkley store too. If the management doesnt mind?

I don't think they mind, since I have seen guys stage there, while we were gassing up. Then, saw the same guys in R-burg, so their truck was right in front of the post office all day. According to them, they park there all the time with no problem. Personally, I would cross Harper and stage by the tree, or, if you remember Mike, the trail we crossed the 58 on, either North or South of it, would be a good spot.

I wouldn't stage anywhere near Hinkley other than the store or someone's house who you know and trust. The tree is a good place to stage. I have staged there before and no problems. There really aren't very many vehicles that make it out that far, so you should have no issues there. Plus the tweakers don't start scavenging until later in the afternoon, and they've already taken the cattle guards.