Looking for a good quality stator and rectifer

For a 2005 KX250, to power a headlight and tailight, totaling 110 watts....where is a good place to buy one.

Thanks

I just installed a moose brand stator from parts unlimited. It was only a 60 watt stator and its on a 01 kx250. works well, looks factory and was well priced. Only problem is the directions were all wrong but the tech support was great!!

Went night riding in the snow last weekend and all I can say is WOW!!!!:D:worthy::ride: :ride:

THe problem you are going to have is that you have an 05, as do I. They seem to have stopped making the lighting coils any newer than that for the Kawasakis. Im bummed b/c I have always wanted to build a badass woodsbike and I feel like the Kawi is a great platformfor it. I guess I coukd still build it for the woods but with no lights if the ride runs alittle long. If any body knows a place that will build a alight coil for an 05 KX 250 please help us out. Thanks, Matt

thanks sean! I checked out the website and didnt find anything for a lighting coil on an 05 or newer KX. I am going to call them as soon a s those lazy west coasters get out of bed!! LOL. Im hoping they can supply me with at least 55w of power and Ill regulate it down to 35w so I can have some trail lights!! 75w would be ideal. regulate that down to 55w and Ill be able to light the wy home. Matt

thanks sean! I checked out the website and didnt find anything for a lighting coil on an 05 or newer KX. I am going to call them as soon a s those lazy west coasters get out of bed!! LOL. Im hoping they can supply me with at least 55w of power and Ill regulate it down to 35w so I can have some trail lights!! 75w would be ideal. regulate that down to 55w and Ill be able to light the wy home. Matt

any time! you cant regulate wattage, only voltage. you can regulate voltage, and limit current, to limit wattage draw, not output

Thanks again. I am aware of the principles of electrical theory What I meant was to get a sator that could light a 75w bulb at higher RPM and to use a regulator/rectifier to send the extra power to ground(at those higher rpm) and power a 55w bulb . The only lights my bike can use are a total loss system off of a battery. Ill be sure to speak more clearly in the future and maybe refer back to my basic principles of electrical theory from trade school 25 years ago. Must be an engineer in training, I thought we were just shootin the breeze about bikes! lol Thanks for the website info but its a no can light on the 05 and newer KXs. Matt

Any luck? The only thing I can find for my '06 KX250 is a 55w stator on steahlyoffroad.com. I would love to find a 100w. Seems everyone quit developing them for the KX250 with the 2004 model year.

trailtech makes some, i dunno how good they are.

Thanks again. I am aware of the principles of electrical theory What I meant was to get a sator that could light a 75w bulb at higher RPM and to use a regulator/rectifier to send the extra power to ground(at those higher rpm) and power a 55w bulb . The only lights my bike can use are a total loss system off of a battery. Ill be sure to speak more clearly in the future and maybe refer back to my basic principles of electrical theory from trade school 25 years ago. Must be an engineer in training, I thought we were just shootin the breeze about bikes! lol Thanks for the website info but its a no can light on the 05 and newer KXs. Matt

lol, you know what your doing, i can tell by the way you speak. i did some elctrical engineering work in the past, ive been an electronics tech since i had a drivers licsense, i build all my own analog electronics within reason, yea i have a little elctronics knowledge,lemme know if you need any components