09 programmer functionability

Has anyone used or read specifics of the programmer capability? Is it a "low, mid, high" lamo thing like a Yosh box, or is it throttle position and RPM specific like a Powercommander? Or entirely different? I'm curious. The Yosh-type setup is user-friendly but hardley better than jets. I'm kinda a Dyno geek and can't wait to tune an FI moto bike. I've done countless streetbikes and can't wait to tune a moto bike. A "good" running carb bike is still way lame when monitoring the AFR, as it fluctuates between 11.0 to one and 16.0 to one as the bike revs through the rpm range.

FI will finally deliver us with PERFECTLY tuned bikes when done properly.

Dynojet is prototyping my buddies '09 right now... stay tuned for further developments

Dynojet is prototyping my buddies '09 right now... stay tuned for further developments

Great, I hope it will help with cold starting:thumbsup:

Stewart Frank

09CRF450R

STORM#350

Yo Ed I'm a PC fan, too, with it's vast spectrum of adjustability. Do you have any experience with them in a dirt environment? They're somewhat fragile on sportbikes as you probably know, and I question their durability. They should pour them with a silicone to isolate the circuitry IMO, like a CDI.

ive used them on atv's and rmz's.they seem to be ok.

the powecommander for the CRF with be a pc5.smaller and more features including being able to link with the wideband commander.

Any idea of when the powercommanders will become available? And u guys believe they will be better/more user friendly than the HRC programmer?...

december release.

yes,way more user freindly than the HRC programmer.

What will a power commander cost roughly?

For my street bike it was around $400 bucks

Yo Ed I'm a PC fan, too, with it's vast spectrum of adjustability. Do you have any experience with them in a dirt environment? They're somewhat fragile on sportbikes as you probably know, and I question their durability. They should pour them with a silicone to isolate the circuitry IMO, like a CDI.

The units are completely sealed in a potting material already. As long as the USB port plug is put in place they are waterproof. I don't know where you get your info but the units are not fragile at all. There are no moving parts inside a Powercommander and they are sealed.

What will a power commander cost roughly?

Powercommander 5 will retail for $359.95. With online retailers will usually sell them around the $280 price range.

They're somewhat fragile on sportbikes...

Huh???? I only have experience w/ the ones I've properly installed and run on my 600RRs, but never have I had any issue w/ them, so your statement strikes me as puzzling. :lol:

I don't know where you get your info but the units are not fragile at all. There are no moving parts inside a Powercommander and they are sealed.

Powercommander 5 will retail for $359.95. With online retailers will usually sell them around the $280 price range.

Well, I get my info as an installer and tuner of powercommanders. I've installed several hundred, you? I've custom tuned over a hundred.....so I consider myself "well versed" in PC's. They are generally trouble-free, but I've seen at least 10 go south, and be the cause of FI problems on sportbikes. And, since I consider sportbikes "sissy duty" compared to what a Moto bike gets put through, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask the question. And, since they are NOT proven on MX bikes yet, and won't be for a few years yet..........

Point proven. I'm a huge fan of their product.

Hmmmm. Nevada?! You wouldn't happen to have a relationship with Dynojet, would you? Tell Stan, "Hi"!!

I think they (power commanders) have been proven for off road use. I have been installing them on Suzuki quads, Yamaha Quads, and snowmobiles for at least three years with no major issues.

Just got this from Dynojet

We have a bike here now actually. It will be the new PCV platform which will be available around the first of the year.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.

Dustin Schaller

Technical Support Manager

Dynojet Research

800-992-4993

www.powercommander.com

www.dynojet.com

Yeah, Ive seen a few PC's go bad, esp on yamaha R6s for some reason. I had one go south on an 03 gixxer1000. Weird probs too, stuff that couldnt be explained, and then you would take off the pc and whala its fixed

Yep. So I don't mean to trash on them, I love them......but a moto bike is WAY harder on things, so it stands to reason there could be issues.

I'm sure they will address any issues if any arrise, and eliminate them. They have always stood behind their product.

Yeah Im interested in seeing a pc5, hopefully its smaller, not alot of places to stick a pc on a dirtbike anyway.

They will be less than half the size of a PC3.

Well, I get my info as an installer and tuner of powercommanders. I've installed several hundred, you? I've custom tuned over a hundred.....so I consider myself "well versed" in PC's. They are generally trouble-free, but I've seen at least 10 go south, and be the cause of FI problems on sportbikes. And, since I consider sportbikes "sissy duty" compared to what a Moto bike gets put through, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask the question. And, since they are NOT proven on MX bikes yet, and won't be for a few years yet..........

Point proven. I'm a huge fan of their product.

Hmmmm. Nevada?! You wouldn't happen to have a relationship with Dynojet, would you? Tell Stan, "Hi"!!

First off vibration will not have any effect on the reliability of a powercommander which is the only difference that well be seen between a dirtbike and sportbike. We had PC3s on atv for quite a few years and not had any problems. Of course if there is physical damage to the unit there no telling what might happen. It is a electrical component and like all electronics they can fail. The return rate is far less then 1% on Power commanders. I have seen quite few Power commanders in my day and if you have any questions you can email me. mshefler@dynojet.com