Sign in to follow this  

Hill Climbing Equals

WOW... HOLY FUNK... I'm SCARED...and a little bit of...I THINK I PEE'D :worthy:

I had to say how pumped I am...my wife is getting tired of me talking about this bike like it is a new, sexy mistress...well it kinda is :D

All kinding aside I was blown away again today....this bike gets better with every ride. Second gear up this hill and it was lugging so I gave it a LITTLE twist and WHAM, I am unicycling up the rest of the hill gaining alot of speed.

I couldn't get enough, I climbed more hills today then I ever have. I may be in Saskatchewan but where I live there is alot of large hills along the many rivers I live by.

I also did some single tracks (ie - cattle trails thru the hills) and the bike handled great, even with my overweight, inexperienced ass on it. I may just have to leave my BRP as a dirtbike and not motard it.......YEAH RIGHT!! Can't wait to ride this beast with NO tire spin...just 100% pure traction.

My poor DRZ just sits in my garage collecting dust with my Buell and pitbike. :ride: I have no urge to ride anything else. Best bike I have owned hands down!!!

We went out to some monster hills at Bean Canyon. The only two bikes that made it to the top were a modded WR250 2-smoke and a stock CRF450R. The 650R's were too heavy in the soft sand on the monster steep hills. The sand was all powdery since there was a fire right before we went. The CRF450X's were epic failures. None of them were the latest model with the extra 2 hp.

With harder ground, I'd rather be on the XR650R.

WOW... HOLY F**K... I'm SCARED...and a little bit of...I THINK I PEE'D :ride:

I had to say how pumped I am...my wife is getting tired of me talking about this bike like it is a new, sexy mistress...well it kinda is :D

All kinding aside I was blown away again today....this bike gets better with every ride. Second gear up this hill and it was lugging so I gave it a LITTLE twist and WHAM, I am unicycling up the rest of the hill gaining alot of speed.

I couldn't get enough, I climbed more hills today then I ever have. I may be in Saskatchewan but where I live there is alot of large hills along the many rivers I live by.

I also did some single tracks (ie - cattle trails thru the hills) and the bike handled great, even with my overweight, inexperienced ass on it. I may just have to leave my BRP as a dirtbike and not motard it.......YEAH RIGHT!! Can't wait to ride this beast with NO tire spin...just 100% pure traction.

My poor DRZ just sits in my garage collecting dust with my Buell and pitbike. :ride: I have no urge to ride anything else. Best bike I have owned hands down!!!

If you really want a thrill..full pipe it and put a stage two "hot cam" in it.

I got to try the "cam" today. I don't know how many times i was tucked in on a sand wash thinking the power was done then sudenly the front comes up!:worthy:

who says size don't matter!!!

These hills were pure Saskatchewan prairie grassland...lots of traction, even the odd cow patty to make things interesting.

There was a sand pile at a construction site I was looking at climbing but thought I better not -heavy bike + heavy rider + lots of torque being laid down by one wheel = a great way to get stuck. And I am not in shape enough to wrestle a BRP on a sandy hill, not today anyway (Damn Appleton).