Sign in to follow this  

Need TPS value

Does anyone know what the TPS value is supposed to be with the throttle closed. I want to check it because I have a problem with the bike idling and cant find it anywhere.

CRF450X

Thanks.

4 to 6 ohms. Connect the ohmmeter to the yellow and black wires at the TPS terminal connector. Watch the ohmmeter as the throttle is twisted from idle to wide open. Resistance should increase smoothly. If it does not operate like this it should be replaced.

This is right out of my book so I hope that's what you need? I just happened to have done this test last week when trouble shooting my electrical system.

Oh....WELCOME TO THE FORUM:thumbsup: :D

...now that Master Cubera got you verbatim from the book.

Where's your TPS reports? Yaaaaa... okaaaaay... how about coming in on saaaaaturrrrrday, and suuuuundaaaaaay too. Yaaaaa, mmmmm that'd be greeeeaat. :D

Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right! :D

I see by these comments from a couple of my favorite Experts they have TPS reports confused with PMS reports again. Duh! Everyone knows it takes FOREVER to get TPS reports done because it's so hard to wind the paper back on the roll and the cover sheets are really hard to clean without tearing the paper. Duh.

I see by these comments from a couple of my favorite Experts they have TPS reports confused with PMS reports again. Duh! Everyone knows it takes FOREVER to get TPS reports done because it's so hard to wind the paper back on the roll and the cover sheets are really hard to clean without tearing the paper. Duh.

LOL... you need to watch "Office Space" Cooob... Hilarious.

I'm not sure which is funnier, the opener with the (white) dude rappin in his car on his way to work (until he see the black guy).... or when they find out his name, Michael Bolton. :D

Funny timing... I just pulled my carb to clean it this past weekend, I took the TPS off, now I have to re sync it, the procedure is not too hard, you just need a voltmeter. You are supposed to take a reading between the blue and the black (this is off the of my head) the reading should be between 4-6K OHM then you multiply that number by .15 and .13 this will give you two values.......then take a reading from the black and yellow with the throttle closed and set to idle properly the reading should be (reading between blue and black X .15 or .13) if not loosen screw and move sensor until desired reading is achieved.

The Multiplier figure I used may not be totally correct, I am just remembering them from a few days ago, I can look them up at lunch.

And yes the resistance value should change smoothly like cubera mentioned.

Most excellent, DD. I have not done a re-sync on the TPS....It would be GREAT if you could double check the multiplier and post it so I can do it. My book makes no mention of re-sync in the section about TPS....Maybe it's in the carb section and I should have read it when I've taken the carb off in the past...LOL. Did it make a difference?

I can't get the links to work....probably the Sonic Wall on my PC here at work...I have a Haynes manual. Not the greatest but good enough in most cases.

:D

If so, you can always resort to this one.

I will update this later. Im waiting for some parts (FLoating Valve*) then I will fine tune.

* Remember this part name kiddies.

The Multiplier figure I used may not be totally correct, I am just remembering them from a few days ago, I can look them up at lunch.

And yes the resistance value should change smoothly like cubera mentioned.

Looooong lunch. :smirk:

We are out here (in the desert) working on one right now... took it off the carb when cleaning,:smirk: and can't find a whole lot on actual "procedure" to correct the problem or work on getting it back to normal or where it should be. Pretty frustrating as the manuals I have are limited in communication and the Keihin Site is slowly loading a PDF to my laptop (crossing my fingers it has something more).

Across the Blue/Black we get 1.60 ohms. Nothing close to 4-6.

:thinking:

Once these manuals finish downloading, I'm hoping to get better procedural information on the TPS adjustment.