Update On Pipe Spacer

So here is just a little update.

Because of how thick it is combined with how large the OD is in relation to the thickness, it's actually kinda hard to make well!

That said, I figured out a good way to do it, and it will allow me to crank out quite a few fairly easily.

The place I am doing the machine work's owner is out of town this coming week, but by next weekend, I should be able to have them knocked out when he is back in town.

So there you go.

I may only make 3mm thickness, as it seems that's what yielded the best results after reading up on it, and it's far more practical to make.

I may squeek in a couple 1.5s, but we will see.

Anyways, expect them in about two weeks to your doors! I don't know exactly how much it will be, but Im betting around 12-15 shipped to your door AT THE MOST, I'll keep that updated, it really depends on shipping (I plan on using USPS) and any tooling I may have to purchase (not expensive for this job...no worries)

So if you want one, go ahead and say so in here, as my pm inbox will fill up too fast! When the time comes, I will get your info, and we can go from there.

Is this mod only for 250's?

Thanks

I'm in!

And thank you.

aggiemoto99, I'm interested in purchasing a 3mm spacer. Thanks.

Is this mod only for 250's?

Thanks

It might be tough for him to switch sizes while he is making them to the yz 250 spec. The mod would work on any bike out there. I made one years ago for a cr 85 and it worked amazingly well.

Sweet,I want one for sure.Thanks for helping every one out.

Mike

Can anyone elaborate on what the spacer accomplishes?

I made one for my 94 yz250 and couldn't tell if it made a difference.

Maybe it's because I have a gnarly FMF pipe on it, I dunno....

So here is just a little update.

So if you want one, go ahead and say so in here, as my pm inbox will fill up too fast! When the time comes, I will get your info, and we can go from there.

Put me down for one. I don't have much faith in Steahly ever coming through. Thanks :D

Put me down for 2!

Thanks aggie....I look forward to hearing when you're done making them!!

I can't wait to install it and see for myself what all the rave reviews are about.

Do the RM250s respond well to the pipe spacer as well?

Do the RM250s respond well to the pipe spacer as well?

Only if you mount blue plastic on them.:worthy:

I'm sure they do. You oughta get one and see. $10 or so bucks. Honestly I didn't like the changes my spacer brought. The mid range was neutered and the top end was nutz-o-matic. I'd rather have a hard mid range for off road instead. I'm keeping my spacer to mount a '02 pipe up to my scoot when my '07 pipe becomes fugly.:D

Ive seen them for sale on here, but where can I get one? I just bought a YZ and want to try this..