Sign in to follow this  

WR250 6 Speed

has anyone put a six speed in a WR250.....I'm thinking the current model 2009...I know not a lot has changed the last few years...anybody know anything about doing this?

Wallybean or OFG do you have an update on the performance and dependability of your 6-speed mods?

It is no different than the reliability of the tranny in the 360 or the older pre-99 250's. I personally think it is bullet proof. The only real significant difference between the two is the shifting detent in the newer 5 speeds is more positive/slightly stiffer. The gear design and shift drum is almost identical between the two. I would not even think twice about the swap from a reliability stand point.

Performance wise, the six speed shifts easier and obviously allows a much broader spectrum of gearing. With 15x48 gearing you get a first through 5th that are very similar to the stock 5 speed 13x48 and a 6th that will pull better than 80mph. I personally run a 15x50 and still have a near 80 mph top end and have a stump pulling 1st. I think OFG went with 14x48 gearing for the low 1st and tighter gearing. He still has a top end over 75mph.

Hope this helps,

Walt

sounds perfect, I race desert in SoCal, Husqvarna is the only paying contingecies for desert racing...I race a KTM 250XCW now, the 5th gear has a ratio of .87, top speed is just over 90 with 14/48 gearing. The 6 gears on the Husquvarna should fill in some of the gaps, and I might just come home with $100 for my racing efforts.

sounds perfect, I race desert in SoCal, Husqvarna is the only paying contingecies for desert racing...I race a KTM 250XCW now, the 5th gear has a ratio of .87, top speed is just over 90 with 14/48 gearing. The 6 gears on the Husquvarna should fill in some of the gaps, and I might just come home with $100 for my racing efforts.

Welcome to thumper talk now go get that husky and lets take there money for racing Dist 37

I made over 2000.00 so far this year

I second that!! I got $3,500.00 in Husky Bucks!!!!!!!!! Guess what I am going to do with it? New 2009 as soon as they are available.

Dave

Dave,

Which one are you going to purchase? 300WR sounds very interesting, although I wonder if it is going to be significantly different enough from the 250 which is such a solid bike.

Walt