Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket exhaust for 06-08 KX 450.

What's up fellas? Who's got aftermarket exhaust on their 06-08 KX 450's? I'm looking at buying an aftermarket header pipe/slip on, who's done so and did you notice a difference?

Thanks,

T

Stay away from Yosh. They fall apart very fast.

Most other brands are good.

White Bro's (who no longer technically exist) made a really good pipe. The Aluminum Pro is what I ran for 2 years with zero problems.

Akrapovic produces a ton of power and are probably the highest quality pipe out there. But your paying for it! $$$$$

Dr. D. makes a quality product. I am going with them this year for my 09.

I have the FMF Ti header and Carbon Fiber muffler. I was concerned that the exhaust would be too loud, but am shocked at the low/smooth tone. Others I ride with have also said they thought the FMF system would be loud, but not so. I ride off road, and lots of folks are "less sound hounds". Not one complaint from the less sound crowd, which has been shocking.

Great power, and huge reduction in weight. Only downside is cost, but hey, can't take it with you...

If you want a great exhaust at a good price made to your riding style and the best warranty on the market there is but no other choice.Get the pro comp tip http://www.mrd-racing.com/. Do a search on the forums.There is nothing but great reviews.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5718361#post5718361

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5711546#post5711546

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6448732#post6448732

I have a Leo. I love it. It sounds much nicer than stock, has the AMA legal insert (98dB) Spark set up (96dB) and FIM setup (94dB). It also comes with a plug. As for the power, on 98 is is more everywhere, however it takes the hit and seems to spread it all across the range. I will be riding with the 94 setup this weekend, so have yet to report what that is like. I haven't gotten to ride the spark setup either as my (mx only) buddies are to chicken to do any trial riding.

Bike027.jpg

Bike025.jpg

i have a DRD SS/AL system on my 07 and love it! pulls farther up top... and power down low thats smooth that actually makes the bike easyer to ride.

most of the coolaide drinkers on here though will try to convince you an MRD will solve every bike problem known to man... and cure cancer..

:D

i have a DRD SS/AL system on my 07 and love it! pulls farther up top... and power down low thats smooth that actually makes the bike easyer to ride.

[most of the coolaide drinkers on here though will try to convince you an MRD will solve every bike problem known to man... and cure cancer..]

:D

It's ok to voice an opinion but when you start knocking others opinions and downgrading to name calling I have a problem with that.No body stated it was a cure all so don't be putting words in peoples mouths.First off it's people like you that need to think out of the every day ordinary box.If you want a great pipe at half the cost with a lifetime warranty agaisnt crashes go MRD.If you want to over pay for a pipe that everyone else runs and your investment goes down the tubes the first time you smash your pipe go a head.

Hey could you please pass the coolaide?:worthy:

Actually, an MRD quite possibly could cure cancer.

Seriously though, it's a very good exhaust. I've run damn near all of them and none compare to the quality of the MRD, and have run Yoshi and Dr. D on my 450. Both don't touch the MRD.

have a listen.

some people think the only thing that works is what the factory's run , that is marketing at its finest , but I dont know why someone comes along once in a while and knocks my pipes for no aparent reason , also this is nothing against Doug I think he has a good product , but what factory team is running DRD ? the reason I ask is because the person above with the DRD that likes to knock my stuff said in a earlier post he would run what the factory's run

I have a PC Ti-4 GP on my bike. Nice and quiet (relatively speaking) and makes good power even with the SA installed. I love it.

Only complaint is the lack of a heatshield, burns my pants leg pretty often.

MRD is correct... what the factories run isn't production. I remember back in 95 I asked a top 10 factory rider who I was very close with why he ran a Pro Circuit pipe on his practice bike. His reply was "it's not a pro circuit pipe, it's a bills pipe with a pro circuit tag on it". Pro Circuit was that factories main sponsor, this pipe was also what he ran on his race bikes. The MX industry is full of bait and switches all the time. For instance when someone gets done winning a race and takes a big chug of monster / rockstar... it's water.

I'm either going to go with Bills Pipes or a Vance & Hines (formally White Brothers) on my 09 KX 450.

For instance when someone gets done winning a race and takes a big chug of monster / rockstar... it's water
Damn it. Ricky has deceived me. OK then it's back to water for me. :lol:

Not to throw another name in the mix, but I have a Big Gun slip-on mounted on my '07, and I love it. Its loud, but comes with a 98db insert for racing if needed. everytime I start it up at the trailhead I get looks... its got a mean, throaty roar... stage 2 hotcams probably contribute as well to the sound :worthy: