Awesome business idea...

When I was at my local track's sunday practice on 10/12 there was a guy who had an awesome idea I had never seen before.

He had...

RM65

RM85

RM125

RMZ250

RM250

RMZ450

All seemingly adorned with aftermarket parts, factory connection suspension, probably pretty built motors.

Anyway he would rent them to anyone who wanted to ride one for $100 a moto! This equated to about $100 for 20 minutes of riding!

He had a whole support van with new tires, tons of spare parts, tools, a pressure washer, and everything.

I think he was affiliated with a dealership, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

It seemed like the bikes were constantly rented, every moto!

Lets see... there was about 50 motos that day, and if a bike was rented every moto (which it seems like they were) he raked in $5000 net, before expenses and such.

Again, a good idea but I think the overhead would be too much, unless you were dealer backed.

RM85

Must be one of those making over $250,000 a year.:D

Sounds like a good idea, but I definately think the trick is being a dealer as you said. You would have to get parts at cost, and do all the work yourself. One upside in addition to any profit you make renting the bikes is you could probably sell some new bikes to people who rent one and like it so much, and the used rentals at the end of the season.

He needs to come off that price a little expensive for just one moto.

He needs to come off that price a little expensive for just one moto.

Heck, I'd raise it if they were rented every moto at $100. All the market will .... :D

Seems like someone could do this, hmmm, it would be an interesting business case to put together though. :worthy:

Liability, liability, liability.

Liability, liability, liability.

That's why I'm sure they sign some sort of waiver, etc.

Personally, I think it's a great idea and I'm sure he does kick ass business. Imagine this. You're top 5 in points, and your bike brakes down in practice. That's $200 he makes right there off 1 bike. :D

I think it's an extremely smart idea, and even smarter if that person is a dealer.

+ 1 to this guy.

Must be one of those making over $250,000 a year.:D

Bet its mostly unreported cash though.

Personally, I think it's a great idea and I'm sure he does kick ass business. Imagine this. You're top 5 in points, and your bike brakes down in practice. That's $200 he makes right there off 1 bike. :D

Evan a half-a**ed lawyer can get past the best written liability waivers.

If that is the case I'll go rent a car, wreck it and sue the rental car company. :D It would never work.

They would need to prove that something on the bike malfunctioned and caused the accident to even have a case.

And I don't even have to write a response.... :ride::D

If that is the case I'll go rent a car, wreck it and sue the rental car company. :worthy: It would never work.

They would need to prove that something on the bike malfunctioned and caused the accident to even have a case.

These guys in South Florida are renting bikes at Seminole MX http://www.norisjulianteam.com/. I think there are a few others out there.

http://www.benjacobdesigns.com/

Much better deal, imo. $100 to practice all day and ride all the different bikes. $150 to race a hs, includes pit support.

If that is the case I'll go rent a car, wreck it and sue the rental car company. :D It would never work.

Then why have liability insurance if you can cover everything with a waiver?

Renting a car in comparison to renting a motorcycle on a track is apples and oranges.

http://www.benjacobdesigns.com/

Much better deal, imo. $100 to practice all day and ride all the different bikes. $150 to race a hs, includes pit support.

Yeah sounds like a good deal until you get to the $500 damage deposite part. It is nice to know that you can have a backup if your bike breaks down at a race.

what track was it? id be game...

Thats why you have 2 bikes!