06 kx250 clutch problem

i was out riding today and all was well untill i went down part of my track for about the 6th time when suddenly the rear end locked up and i stall at the bottom, i thought it was something stupid like my foot was pressing on the brake so i started it up and went back to go down the hill again, this time it locked up again and the clutch lever went very limp, and the bike to a harder than usuallly kick to start it,

as i was riding back in and stopped the clutch was grabbing, when the lever is fully engaged the bike creeps forward, and when the clutch is completely engaged it has a very firm feel for about the last 15% of the lever movement,

would anyone know what this could be?

im thinking the plates are fried because the oil that came out wasnt looking too good for oil 3 rides old,

any help would be greatly appreciated,

it starts, shifts and turns over fine its just when i accelerate it doesnt seem to want to know, just what i thought would make it clutch related was the fact that the the clutch lever went completely limp and doesnt stay still with the clutch engaged whilst the throttles open,

maybe it was locking up because it was stalling from the clutch not operating properly?

well i just removed the fibres and plates to find they are within spec, i spun the basket by hand to find it to be very notchy and grindy, im begining to think that something did break and jam or damaged something, im off to buy a clutch nut tool tomorrow to further inspect it,

MJP68, do you know what to cause of the failure you had was caused by?

i cant put it down to anything really,

well i just removed the fibres and plates to find they are within spec, i spun the basket by hand to find it to be very notchy and grindy, im begining to think that something did break and jam or damaged something, im off to buy a clutch nut tool tomorrow to further inspect it,

MJP68, do you know what to cause of the failure you had was caused by?

i cant put it down to anything really,

the failure I experienced was a parts issue according to kawasaki (they warrantied the basket)

sounds like you have the basket out by now, be sure to post some pics of the trans.

it turns out a bearing on the magneto side of the countershaft gave way and went on a journey through the motor,

very fortunately, the gear box is in tact, and all i need to buy is 2 sets of bearings, seals, gaskets, and im putting a new piston in it too, so in theory it should be near close to new,

i suppose this is the risk when you take when you decide to buy a used bike.