Better Battery?

I'm sure this has been posted many times on here but here it goes again. Is it possible to install the better Yuasa battery (#5 or #7) to replace the stock one? Or is there another more powerful battery out there. I understand that physical size and polarity placement might be issues.

My bike is an 06 525 XC.

I end getting a YTZ7S 0.6 AMPS 130 C.C.A same size as the #5 battery lot more cranking amp I gotten the cheeper one the China model.

Here the link I took 3 or 4 day to come in the mail.

Link:

http://www.batterystuff.com/batterySearch.php?theType=Motorcycle&theMake=KTM&theModel=525%20E/XC%20,%20M/XCRacing&theYear=2006&m=1#result

Let us know what you end up getting.?

• 6 months later...

I just replaced the stock battery in my 07 450EXC with the YTZ7S. On my first ride with it today, my starter quit working. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and 30 minutes later, it blew again. Any harm in swapping out a 10amp fuse for a 20amp? Any one else have this problem after upgrading their battery?

A new alternative.

TurnTech Battery.

Here is the information about Yuasa batteries.

Battery Family: YTZ Factory Activated, Maintenance Free

Battery Type: YTZ7S

Voltage: 12

Capacity (Amp. Hrs.): 6

Dimensions: 4 7/16" x 2 3/4" x 4 1/8"

Weight: 4.6 lbs.

Metric Dimensions: 113mm x 70mm x 105mm

Metric Weight: 2.1 kg

Charging Current (Amps.): 0.6

C.C.A.: 130

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Battery Family: Maintenance Free

Battery Type: YTX5L-BS

Voltage: 12

Capacity (Amp. Hrs.): 4

Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.8125" x 4.1875"

Weight: 3.5 lbs.

Metric Dimensions: 114mm x 71mm x 106mm

Metric Weight: 1.6 kg

Charging Current (Amps.): 0.5

C.C.A.: 70

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

59011055100 Battery Carrier plast.Black 05, is

required if you currently have the 4 series battery.

I just replaced the stock battery in my 07 450EXC with the YTZ7S. On my first ride with it today, my starter quit working. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and 30 minutes later, it blew again. Any harm in swapping out a 10amp fuse for a 20amp? Any one else have this problem after upgrading their battery?

You could swap the fuse for a 20 amp but you stand a good chance of burning out the next (probably more expensive) component up the line. NOT a good idea. Figure out why you are blowing fuses. Something must be shorting out. It seems doubtful that it has anything directly to do with changing the battery.

Re nuudle8's original question: The YTZ5S and YTZ7S fit in the same space but some of the earlier bikes had a smaller battery and battery box. Others have posted which bikes had the smaller battery and the pieces needed to upgrade. If you have the YTZ5S battery already you should be good to go.