Sign in to follow this  

Is this TTR125 worth $850.00

I recently purchased this TTR125 to follow my son around the power lines near the house. It's a 2001 and is in good condition. I looked all over for a clean dirt bike but didn't want to spend over a grand. Honestly did I get an ok deal? It runs great but takes about 4 minutes to warm up after that it runs perfect.

yamaha001.jpg

yamaha003.jpg

38, the kelly blue book value on that bike is 955.00 so you got a great deal!Out here in California you could resell it for over a grand easy, Enjoy, Dave

I think they are all cold blooded. My daughters takes about the same warm-up time before it will accept a throttle blip. Then it runs like a dream.

I think they are all cold blooded. My daughters takes about the same warm-up time before it will accept a throttle blip. Then it runs like a dream.

---my chics is the exact same with a k&N filter and pro circuit exhaust

Great deal. Just be sure where the frame connects to the engine it is not cracked. These bikes are a little cold blooded and take a while to warm. Once warm they run great and start easy. Awesome. Now you stay off it. LOL KJR

Do the mods in the sticky at the top of the forums and that will help the cold starting and performance.

So at this point in the bikes life what sort of maintenance and parts are you looking at?

As far as servicing goes it looks like you've got it covered, I always check/tighten spokes on a new bike whether it needs it or not just to keep then from freezing up and check valve adjustments:thumbsup:

it prob wont be a prob for you but the 01's have weak rear hubs and they tend to break if you horse them around alot are jump them alot....the hubs were changed in 02 or 03 to a different part that solved the problem. the newer ones dont break like the others did ........get a cradle for that thing........frames are weak without them. esp for an adult weighted rider.............jls

High all, sorry to thread jack. I just got a 05 TTR125 le and is the frame cracking an issue with this? Could somebody post a pic?

thanks

That to me looks like a GREAT deal:thumbsup: