Pipe Spacer

So finally, some concrete news.

After going through every option on how to make these both effectively and accurately, I decided it best to waterjet them.

A lathe would work, to do it I was going to originally get a stock about 8 inches long, turn down the OD and then bore the ID, then chop em off with the lathe internally...but it wouldn't be perfect thickness between them, and take a long while to do, my access to the lathe is limited.

Now I don't personally have access to my own waterjet, but where I work uses a company and we get good deals etc....so I went that way. They quoted me 13 each....and that is due to low quantities...if I made 100 it would be 5 each....

So there you have it, 13 each plus shipping, I know that is more than steahly charges for theirs....but after shipping, it should be as I quoted you...15-16 I think I will use USPS, its fastest and cheapest.

Here is how I will go about getting them to you. Email me at

mhsgolfstud at gmail.com how many you want, the shipping address, and paypal information to send you an invoice. Once I have received payment....they will be off to you! I plan on shipping them out all at the same time....so two fridays from now you will have it.

Sorry it took longer than expected, and cost more than even I expected. Just know that if I don't sell all the ones I ordered...it costs me money out of pocket, so I am not ripping you off!

Oh yea, they are 3mm thick.

Thanks!

I emailed you my info.

For anyone who's concerned about sending a total stranger $15, I'll vouch for him. I bought a pipe off aggiemoto99 a couple of weeks ago and it was textbook. He even followed up and made sure everything was cool.

They may be a few more bucks than Steahly's, but Steahly doesn't have any to sell.

thanks,

-PC

Thanks!

I emailed you my info.

For anyone who's concerned about sending a total stranger $15, I'll vouch for him. I bought a pipe off aggiemoto99 a couple of weeks ago and it was textbook. He even followed up and made sure everything was cool.

They may be a few more bucks than Steahly's, but Steahly doesn't have any to sell.

thanks,

-PC

Knowing how it made my bike run i'd gladly pay upwords of 30 for 1, thats still a decent price for a mod that makes an actual difference

Besides, what else could you buy for $15 these days besides unknown quantities of gas due to the rapid price decline??!

Remember...email me, my pm box is getting full!!!

Thanks for doing this! Email sent with my info....

Thanks to those who have replied already!

bump.

I am sitting on 30 and I prepaid already....so if you know anyone who wants them.....send them my way, or order a couple and sell em to your buds!

Got one in the mail from Steahly today and just paid Aggie for his. Will do a comparison/review as one is 2mm and one is 3mm. Aggies is already the winner in my book as he has been great to work with and spent all this time and money as basically a favor to all of us. :lol:

Does anyone know if this mod works for all pipes or just certain ones?

SST pipe owners needing to know

In theory it should work on any pipe. I suppose there could be a combination where the spacer would not move the power down lower, but I have yet to find it.

FYI for mx I hate that pipe....I think stocker is much better, and who knows, after the spacer, maybe it would suite your needs better than the SST.

aggie, what bikes will this spacer fit? (which bike did you make it for)

should fit 03 and up, and maybe earlier models. I think bikes most benifitted will be 03-05...if the earlier models have the same OD ID then it should fit, so go measure, it's machined at (off the top of my head, I need to look at my notes) 54mm OD, 42.50 ID or something...so if your pipe meets those dimensions, it fits.

Yz250??

should fit 03 and up, and maybe earlier models. I think bikes most benifitted will be 03-05...if the earlier models have the same OD ID then it should fit, so go measure, it's machined at (off the top of my head, I need to look at my notes) 54mm OD, 42.50 ID or something...so if your pipe meets those dimensions, it fits.

Great mod on my 06 with the stock pipe also, this should benefit all with some change in power delivery

Is there any problem with the pipe mounts lining up with the spacer? Or leaking from the head connection?

the spacer sits behind the orings....so no leaking issues.

The stock pipe mounts will not fit as you had them before....but if you look at them, they are adjustable. Whenever you take off your pipe, adding a spacer or not, you should loosen both ends of the mounts then once the pipe is installed tighten them first to the pipe, then to the frame side.

Yes to yz250 03-and up, maybe earlier models, I would bet money it fits more current suzuki 250's as well.

Is there any problem with the pipe mounts lining up with the spacer? Or leaking from the head connection?

No leaking on mine and it has 3 trail rides on it where i spend most of the time between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle

No problems with mine lining up. It may even fit better with a few of the pipes.

For those who have paid...they have shipped.

I didn't get them out until this evening...the waterjet guys and I had a mix up and I didn't get them till today.

Some of you guys said you would mail a check or payment...and just FYI I have yet to get anything in the mail....so if it cleared....then you better look into it!

For those who paypaled me, your stuff is in the mail!