Sign in to follow this  

Where to buy Edge Taillight

Where is the best place to buy the Edge Taillight everyone is talking about? Can you mount the stock blinkers on this? How much work is involved, is it plug in or do you have to cut wires?

Where is the best place to buy the Edge Taillight everyone is talking about? Can you mount the stock blinkers on this? How much work is involved, is it plug in or do you have to cut wires?

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml

Don't waste your time anywhere else...

Plus one on Wheeling Cycle. Yes, you can use the stock blinkers, but it doesn't look the greatest since the blinkers are near as big as the tail light.If you get the Edge tail light holder, it's made to bolt directly to the DRZ subframe, so it's pretty easy to install. You don't have to cut the wires on the DRZ. The Edge doesn't have an OEM type connector that you simply plug into the main harness, but you can use the included connectors on the main harness tail light plug. Make sure to shield them from each other. Or you can cut the oem tail light connector off, splice the Edge wire into it, and simply plug it into your main harness connector.

You need the DRZ specific Edge, 4th one down on this page:

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=72

I just put my edge tail light on my 05 400s on sat night. It took me about 30 minutes or so, very easy. I had to splice in the tail light wires to the factory connector that came off my old tail light. Pretty simple. You need to take the seat and rear fender off to get easy access to the wires. The turn signals mounted right up, with the original wires to the adapters that came with the kit from Wheeling Cycle. Slickest looking tail light out there, glad I did it.

Dennis

Just installed mine a week ago on my 05 400s, you can check my garage for pics with the stock blinkers(didn't want to mess with IC relay).

Also, check your local laws before buying smoke lens, some states require them to be red.

+1 on ordering from Wheeling Cycle, great service and fast shipping.

feels like ive answered these questions more than enough times like everyone else has said wheeling cycle supply

Thanks guys for the help, ordered one from Wheeling Cycle this morning. Sorry for the inconvenience Elton H, I didn't mean to bother you. I have only had my 09 for 3 weeks and I am new to the forum.

Well I just did my install....soldered all connections etc....a few zip ties were also used!

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00601.JPG