Sign in to follow this  

A Call From the Wild

Yes, I have come to infiltrate your quiet little corner of thumperville bringing chaos, insanity and...

*opens up a box of satin thongs, flinging them everywhere*:lol:

So I am one wild, crazy and unpredictable sort from the backwoods of BC. Some of you don't know me, some of you do. :lol: *waves to BB and waves around her spark plug* I found my way here through extensive research on other boards, hoping to pervert *coughs* I mean convert others to the wicked world of riding dirtbikes. :lol: Nah, I found some really informative stuff on here and it looks like a fun place. The guys aren't bad either. :lol:

So yes I have been riding dirtbikes since I was 14. I recently bought my newest one, the 2009 WR250R. Helped build it and picked it up on Thursday of last week. What a sweet little bike! I was totally hooked the day I test rode it and finally I have him here. Kinda like an early birthday present of sorts.:p

IMG_0805.jpg

It is TALL. Well, that and I am short.:lol: I have the Yamalink which I will be installing tomorrow along with sliding up the forks. I have some D606's coming, and they should be here by Friday along with the tire spoons so I can do changeovers myself. Why? Well, I found out the hard way that those stock rubbers are shit in the loose stuff. Three days after I bought it I took it off road on some easy stuff that one wouldn't think would be a problem. I was wrong. Needless to say I was thrown 15 feet from it when the front end loosey-goosied on me and stopped dead. My dear bike has been oficially broken in. Amazingly enough I wasn't too put off by it, but I noticed that I sure don't bounce like I used to. Damn age thing...:lol:

IMG_0799.jpg

What else. Oh! I also have Zeta handguards with the flasher wings coming, they should be here tomorrow, and a custom made skid plate being built as I type. Also have an HID conversion headlight which should be here by the weekend as well. Will be ordering the flush mouth tailight flashers tomorrow morning. So yeah, great little bike, first tank I gauged at 80 mpg!! That's right out of the crate and they tell me that it will greatly improve as the bike breaks in. Go Yamaha!!:lol:

One thing that I was reminiscing about with this thing though, that kind of made my hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I had an enduro back in 1986, it was a Yamaha DT 200 and it was a really cool little bike. I rode that thing all year around and it was a total blast.

I had this bike up until 1988, when some old bitch who couldn't see over her dashboard cut me off and I t-boned her, writing the bike, and almost me, off. Real ugly accident; I was laid up on my back for 8 months because I had ripped up my knee badly. So basically ever since I lost that bike, I've longed to replace it with something as close as I could come to it. Unfortunately back in 1996, they discontinued making that bike. They replaced that with the WR 250, which was also a 2-stroke, but it wasn't street legal. They replaced that with the WR250F which still wasn't street legal and then the WR250R which is street legal. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Enter a whole twist to this story. I finally bought this bike I have been drooling over. I absolutely love it. Well, the other morning when I was driving into town I was thinking back to the days I had my old DT and thought how cool it was to finally have that thing replaced. Then it dawned on me. I had the accident with the DT in October of 1988. I came home and did some digging around, and found some slips from the day I had the accident. October 23, 1988, at 11:30 in the morning...I bought this new one, which was on October 23, 2008 at 11:30 in the morning...so exactly 20 years later to the date and time of the accident when I wrote off the old bike, I came walking away with a new one. I swear it's a sign. I mean, how damned close can something like that come?!!!:lol:

Ok enuf of that. I will post more pics once I get further into this. Not sure if I should post pics as it progresses or just leave it...I mean, who says a chick can't work on her own bike without the help of a guy?:lol:

Ahhh....a call from the wild! Welcome Wolf. Thats a very nice bike. Twenty years later, weird.

Wolf you have 46 posts, where have you been this whole time? Lurking?:lol:

Howdy and welcome aboard! I, too, do the work on my bikes. Hubby will assist if I beg... but it hasn't come to that yet. :lol:

I've been hanging around on the WRR threads. Have to keep those boys in line, you know. :lol: I cruised around a bit and spotted this area and was like...damn...:lol: where the hell have I been!

As for being old...hehehe. People who know me well enuf tell me I don't act my age. Get me near a mudhole and there will be plenty of proof of that.:lol:

Here's a good chuckle while I was bored. Someone dared me to go the limit so whaddaya know...I'm a crazy bitch.:p

Yamawuff.jpg

I've been hanging around on the WRR threads. Have to keep those boys in line, you know. :lol: I cruised around a bit and spotted this area and was like...damn...:lol: where the hell have I been!

As for being old...hehehe. People who know me well enuf tell me I don't act my age. Get me near a mudhole and there will be plenty of proof of that.:lol:

Here's a good chuckle while I was bored. Someone dared me to go the limit so whaddaya know...I'm a crazy bitch.:lol:

Yamawuff.jpg

:p No rules acting you age here as long as you dont get on anyone here for wearing pink. Nice costume, thick ears and tail like a real wolf. Will you be riding with it on this weekend? Anyone plan on riding in costume? I wanna see some pics if anyone does. I need to figure something out for this weekend to wear on the bike.

:p I already have. The ears are velcroed to my helmet and stay on even at the higher speeds. I've got the paws half made already. I've actually got a full wolf suit, but the vision out of the head isn't great, plus riding it on the road....yeah. The quad is one thing. It's amazing how many have asked where I got the stuff from, because I even have a small tail stuck to the back of the bike.

IMG_0800.jpg:lol:

I want pics of you in the full wolf suit at a traffic light. Now that would be classic! At the very least get some trail pics in it.

The tail on the bike is not. It's sewn onto a strip of nylon strapping that is bolted in along with the seat, so it won't come off. My tail isn't velcroed either. It's affixed to the back of my ass with a clip that grabs the waistband.

The head to the suit:

Timmside.jpg

The body:

Hohum.jpg

Yeah I know.:lol: I do this for fun. Get some real funny looks but the kids love it.:p The whole thing took me about 2 weeks to build. It was a lot of fun, considering I didn't use a pattern.

What a great costume. You did a great job. The mouth looks real. You didnt make the head did you? If you did, you must do this for a living.

The only downfall? It get REAL hot in there. I installed ventilation fans all around the inside of the head so I have fresh air pumping in all the time. The peripheral vision sucks too, because it isn't as open on the sides. It was a lot of fun to build, mind you. I am contemplating making another one with the other colors I have in the tail I'm wearing on the bike, or the tail on the bike itself. The jaw and nose I bought from a taxidermist, and the inside of the head uses the harness for a hardhat so you can adjust it to fit around your head and stay on. I used a mountain bike helmet as the template from which to make a wire cage from for the whole head. The head itself took about a week to build.

I don't do this for a living, no. I could make some good cash if I did though, because these things sell real fast if they are any good. I actually work for forestry here fighting fires and running equipment.

HELL YES!!!! IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU GOT OFF THE ASPHALT SCOOTER!!!!

Shewolf is something else. She likes to throw underwear and spare parts that vibrate or spark. She never really bites, but likes to nip a bit from time to time!!! :lol:

Good to see ya lady! Even better to see on something blue and dirty.....Kind of fitting, really!!!

Hey, you could design a head that fits over a helmet... w/the visor for the top jaw and the chin bar the foundation for a bottom jaw... complete w/jagged teeth. Maybe a floppy tongue lolling out. LOL Now that would be a kick-ass riding outfit! LOL And a lot more head ventilation too. :lol: