First time doing linkage bearings..

I got the linkage off and slide out that "capsule" underneath lie the bearings coated in this rubber coating..The coating was almost "decaying" so i removed the neeedles from it and greased them up and put em back in... now it feels choppy when i spin the "capsule thing" ... And also i cant get the nut off ffrom the frame mount... IMPOSSIBLE!!!... Am i doing this whole process right? Any suggestions?

Sometimes even brand new bearings feel choppy the first few rotations; mind you, the bearings don't rotate completely (even though I and many probably spin them around and around after lubrication), just back and forth a little. Press the grease into the bearings, not just on the surface, if you haven't done so already.

And as marine89 wrote, let the nut seep/soak overnight with a WD-40 type fluid.

I just peeled it all off... is that ok? But the needles had rust on the i clean it off but i can only as much as i can in my home garage... and then i greased the SH*T outta them and threw them backk..one thing i forgot was.. the two bolts for each part of the linkage are different sizes which one goes where.......i wish my memory was bettter

My linkage bearings locked up and I took it apart and peeled off that swiss cheese stuff that was mentioned regreased them and put them back in as a temporary fix. A month later they were locked up again but you may have a different outcome. I'm getting new now, it was a harsh ride with them locked up.

I think its ok to remove the swiss cheese. It is described as a permanent lube. I dont know anyone who has been able to use it is such.

The linkage bolts..not sure I follow. The bolt through the swingarm is the same as the bolt that goes through the linkage middle position. Maybe this drawing will help. http://oem.thumpertalk.com/2003YZ250swingarm.aspx

I believe the worst thing that happens if you put one in the wrong spot is that the nut wont go on. Its pretty easy to see the error.

There is a fairly long one going through the frame to the linkage.