Proud Mom Post - Son's First Race

It's not often you get to share one of your kid's "firsts" when they are teenagers. This weekend, Clay, (almost 16) rode his first AMA Enduro. Not knowing where he should start, we figured the best gauge was to ride C class and then we'd have a good idea. This was a restart enduro, and not really a typical one, it was on a closed course at Leahy Family Farm (Milliken, Co), put on by Two Rivers Racing. 2 laps, then a break, then 3 more laps. Started 4 to a row, one minute apart. No 'special test' sections, just laps. There was an "endurocross" section and the laps were about 7.5 miles.

What a great event. For anyone considering racing, this was really a taste of it all. Part MX track, part single track/enduro stuff and part endurocross challenges (or a ride-around of that section which proportionately worked itself out). After watching this, next year, I think we are all going to ride it.

Clay did fantastic! Had a blast and is now looking at doing more racing. Here's a few photos and my link to the Ever-Too-Long-Proud-Mom slideshow on Photobucket....

Totally Focused!

DSC_2076.jpg

The Enduro-X section

DSC_2113.jpg

The Results!

Trophy1.jpg

Ever-Too-Long-Proud-Mom slideshow on Photobucket:

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s333/worththewait15/Clay%20TRR%20Race%202008/?action=view&current=d51ef3c7.pbw

Lots to be proud of this year! Both kids made great strides in riding and life!

Wow that is great. This is the place to be a proud Mom for sure. He looks so happy, handsome and proud too like his Mom. What cool race and family affair. Looks like it is time to start the scrap book or make room on the wall. BTW my 15 3/4 year old Daughter thinks he is cute!

For those of you with young ones - it's a long road to get here - but it's all worth it. When they were younger, I took a LARGE DOSE of patience and left my desires at home - it's all about them at that point. Now - it's about US! And that's the payoff!

He's still on cloud 9 and looking at the HS series, but it conflicts with ski racing, so we are probably on hold till next year's enduro series starts again. (whew) Thanks for all the replies.