Throttle Cable

I have a 05 WR250F and the throttle is sticking and not snapping back, I did a search and came up with nothing, I tried to lube my cable but with the plastic pieces on the end I couldn't get my cleaning tool on the end of it to let the cable cleaner to go through. I adjusted the cable at the carb and cleaned the throttle tube and its not touching my handguards. Some suggestions please. Thanks

I would remove the throttle housing, throttle tube, disconnect the throttle cable and clean everything to make sure there is no dirt or sand in your throttle housing. I would also check your plastic throttle tube to make sure it turns smoothly on the handlebar and that it isn't bent or out-of-round. You can try cleaning and lubing your throttle cable but in my experience you're better off buying a new throttle cable. Take off your gas tank and make sure your throttle cable isn't being pinched or kinked.

I would remove the throttle housing, throttle tube, disconnect the throttle cable and clean everything to make sure there is no dirt or sand in your throttle housing. I would also check your plastic throttle tube to make sure it turns smoothly on the handlebar and that it isn't bent or out-of-round. You can try cleaning and lubing your throttle cable but in my experience you're better off buying a new throttle cable. Take off your gas tank and make sure your throttle cable isn't being pinched or kinked.

Spot on do what he said above. You dont want to mess around when it comes to the throttle.

:lol:

:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I,m going to remove the cables and clean them. If that doesn't work I'll replace them.

clean the throttle with contact cleaner or any degreaser really good

i had a similar problem, dirt got into the slide on my carburetor causing the throttle to stick. also make sure the cable housing isnt pulled tight there needs to be a little slack