Sign in to follow this  

Need help jetting my kdx200

I have a 2003 kdx200 that is all stock execpt for the airbox lid has been removed. I ride at sealevel. I just put in a 155 main and a 45 pilot. I have the air screw about 2 1/4 turns out. The problem im having is that is its now bogging down when you give it gas real hard from idol. It didnt do this before, should I put the stock pilot back? I tried just about every position with the air screw and it didnt seem to help much. Any help would be appraciated. thanks

I have a 2003 kdx200 that is all stock execpt for the airbox lid has been removed. I ride at sealevel. I just put in a 155 main and a 45 pilot. I have the air screw about 2 1/4 turns out. The problem im having is that is its now bogging down when you give it gas real hard from idol. It didnt do this before, should I put the stock pilot back? I tried just about every position with the air screw and it didnt seem to help much. Any help would be appraciated. thanks

i dont see any reason you should have a bog, it seems like you are a little rich but not enough to bog. check reeds, change the plug, is the gas good and fresh, clean filter etc etc. what ratio

this may help

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579364

What were your original jet sizes?

I think the problem is that you've got a lot of air coming in but have not adjusted for it on the exhaust side.

Two strokes are difficult to tweak because you're dealing with expansion chambers that redirect some of the exhaust back into the cylinder. If you get that out of whack, bogging issues occur.

On 4-strokes, exhaust valves takes the place of the expansion chamber.

Karl