Lowering Forks

I have a KoubaLink that went into the rear suspension with no problem.

I loosened the eight bolts securing the fork legs, and the forks do not move. Is there a trick to breaking the forks loose in the clamps? :lol: Or do I just need a bigger hammer? :lol:

Rather than break something beating a wedge into the slot of the clamps, I thought I'd ask the experts. :p How do you get the forks to slide in the clamps? :lol:

I have a KoubaLink that went into the rear suspension with no problem.

I loosened the eight bolts securing the fork legs, and the forks do not move. Is there a trick to breaking the forks loose in the clamps? :lol: Or do I just need a bigger hammer? :lol:

Rather than break something beating a wedge into the slot of the clamps, I thought I'd ask the experts. :p How do you get the forks to slide in the clamps? :lol:

Just use a small slot screw driver and pry apart the clamp slightly.

+1 on prying open (slightly) the triple clamps. :lol:

Having done this myself, I'd also advise pulling the front brake and pushing on the handle bars. The fork tubes should then slowly slide up the triple clamps a little bit at a time. Make sure they slide up evenly, because if one slides up more than the other it'll be hard to get them straightened out/even.

I wouldn't go much more than 1/2 to an inch up in the triples either. Once you get 'er done, you'll notice the improved handling right away.

Good luck! :p

Thanks guys. Worked great.:lol: