Sign in to follow this  

Can 450r exhaust interchange with 05 450x ehaust?

I have a 2005 450x and I would like to upgrade the Exhaust only and not the Header Pipe. Can anybody tell me if the 450r exhaust will interchange?

If a paticular year does interchange (what year applies?), does it require the Header Pipe, or can I just slip on the Exhaust? :lol:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't Ride Anyway

I have a 2005 450x and I would like to upgrade the Exhaust only and not the Header Pipe. Can anybody tell me if the 450r exhaust will interchange?

If a paticular year does interchange (what year applies?), does it require the Header Pipe, or can I just slip on the Exhaust? :lol:

Can't Ride Anyway

Only the 2005 crf450r muffler will fit any year crf450x.

Hey, cantride! Welcome to the forum! Based on your handle here on TT I'm wondering if we're related? Anyway, I recommend you give Dave a shout at www.mrd-racing.com and get a complete system especially a header.

Thanks for the quick response. Not even two Honda dealers I contacted could tell me about the 05.

Big Thanks.

Greg C. - Spring, Texas

Hey, cantride! Welcome to the forum!

Based on your handle here on TT I'm wondering if we're related?

HEY, CUBERA!

LET'S SEE - CAN BE PAINFUL (EVEN TWO WEEKS LATER) WHEN TAKING ON A BIG JUMP. SORE THE DAY AFTER (EVEN SEVERAL DAYS AFTER) A LONG RIDE AT THE TRACK. WISH I COULD RIDE LIKE A TWENTY SOMETHING YEAR OLD. THE ENDURANCE AND SKILLS OF SOME RIDERS IS JAW DROPPING. FEELS GREAT TO COME HOME AT THE END OF THE DAY WORN OUT, COVERED IN DIRT AND HUNGRY. I SLEEP GOOD KNOWING THAT I SMOKED A FEW GUYS AT THE TRACK (I DID SAY "FEW" AND OUTRUNNING SOME KID ON THE PEE WEE TRACK COUNTS, TOO!)... IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, YES, WE COULD BE RELATED!

Anyway, I recommend you give Dave a shout at www.mrd-racing.com and get a complete system especially a header.

I APPRECIATE THE WELCOME, THE HUMOR AND THE RECOMMENDATION.

CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT SOME GOOD PLACES TO RIDE IN YOUR STATE?

THANKS, GREG (AKA CANTRIDE), SPRING, TEXAS

Can't Ride Anyway

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I SPOKE WITH DEALERS AND OTHERS AND NOBODY BUT YOU COULD GIVE ME THE ANSWER - THANKS!

GREG - SPRING TEXAS

I APPRECIATE THE WELCOME, THE HUMOR AND THE RECOMMENDATION.

CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT SOME GOOD PLACES TO RIDE IN YOUR STATE?

THANKS, GREG (AKA CANTRIDE), SPRING, TEXAS

Hey, Greg. You might send a PM to x1glider. He's got more experience riding in Arizona than I do. I'm pretty much into Southern California and Western Arizona desert riding. If you come out this way there are some TTers who can show you some cool stuff:thumbsup: