Sign in to follow this  

Gas Line Routing

there are two petcocks on my acribis 6 gal. I am afraid the header pipe will melt the line how it is. but If I put it higher the throttle cable rubs against it. is it fine how it is???

GASLINE.jpg

1) do you mean Acerbis 4 gal?

2) I see you still have the oldest style (failure prone) automatic cam chain tensioner (ACCT).

3) yes you should re-route the gas line. I have the same tank. The gas line goes above the ACCT next to the cylinder and does not rub on anything.

1) do you mean Acerbis 4 gal?

2) I see you still have the oldest style (failure prone) automatic cam chain tensioner (ACCT).

3) yes you should re-route the gas line. I have the same tank. The gas line goes above the ACCT next to the cylinder and does not rub on anything.

thanks. just bought a mcct a few hours ago. ill pull it over the acct and hope may cut it shorter so it doesnt rub the throttle cable. Its a 6 gal got the bike used and found out the tank was made for the dr650....haha

Its a 6 gal got the bike used and found out the tank was made for the dr650....haha

Pics of it on the bike?

How well did it fit? Any modifications needed?

thanks. just bought a mcct a few hours ago. ill pull it over the acct and hope may cut it shorter so it doesnt rub the throttle cable. Its a 6 gal got the bike used and found out the tank was made for the dr650....haha

you have an acerbis 4.25 gallon tank made for a drz-400. :p

nothing more nothing less.

:lol:

it fits perfectly.

Good deal.

Although I have to agree with the post above. It looks to me like the Acerbis 4.25 gallon tank. I have one sitting in the garage. A 6 gallon tank would most likely incorporate gas in the shroud area also.

you guys are all right I have a 4 gallon tank. old owner said it was 6. haha I though I was getting horrible gas millege this whole time.

you guys are all right I have a 4 gallon tank. old owner said it was 6. haha I though I was getting horrible gas millege this whole time.

lol.....now i feel bad for being mean cuz you made me laugh:thumbsup: :lol: