from crf150r to crf250r

Hey im 14 and i turn 15 in feb am about 5' 9 and am ready to move to a crf250r. I dont know if i should buy a crf250r in the spring of 2009 or if i should keep ridin my crf150r and get better on that and wait til july or august to get a 2010 crf250r. Can someone please help me out!?

i would wait cause the 10 could be efi

umm.... they will most likely be out around september/october, not july/augest but i would wait for a 2010. possibility be efi. :lol:

the 2010 crf250r will/should have some significant changes if you follow the patter that has been happening. the 04 was when the crf250 just came out - 05 not many changes, just some refinements of the first year -- in 06 they had some bigger changes, twin pipes, motor mods, bigger carb, etc. - 07 weren't many changes from the 06...- in 08 they added the HPSD, 22mm offset clamps, diff head/cam/piston/ -forks/shock mods, etc. - 09 basically just new graphics ---- 2010 should have some nice new stuff --- (hopefully stuff I can bolt on my 08, unless I somehow can get the 2010 bike)

If you are ready for a new / bigger bike -- I would look for a used 08, and get the feel of the 250f with it. -- and get faster :lol: Then if the 2010 has some good mods pick up a new one when they come out :p

Buy a used lightly ridden 08 now. Its time to get off the 150. Dont lose a season of riding waiting for the latest best thing.

Buy a used lightly ridden 08 now. Its time to get off the 150. Dont lose a season of riding waiting for the latest best thing.

This is good advice. My 15 year old son went through the same transition this year and he is only 5'6". We got him a solid 2004 CRF250R last fall. This year he rode supermini on his 150R and 125/250 C on the 250R. It took him a few months to get used to the big bike, but now he is way better on it than the 150R. At your height, you should start the transition now.

If your 5'9 you are more than ready for a 250f, im 15 and 5'7 LOL. And i ride one, Don't wait till 2010.

If you wait till 2010 you'll be riding a bike thats to small for you and im sure that if the 250f does get EFI it will be full of problems, the first batch of efi 250's are gonna be so twitchy.

If your 5'9 you are more than ready for a 250f, im 15 and 5'7 LOL. And i ride one, Don't wait till 2010.

If you wait till 2010 you'll be riding a bike thats to small for you and im sure that if the 250f does get EFI it will be full of problems, the first batch of efi 250's are gonna be so twitchy.

not necessarily....