Sign in to follow this  

09 CRF450 starting issue

I was just starting my bike to warm it up for the oil change after break-in and I was rolling the engine to TDC before kicking it and wasn't returning the kickstarter all the way up and after the 3rd kick it felt like it lost all compression. I kept rolling it over for several full kicks and still no compression. I returned the kickstarter fully let it sit a second, felt resistance and the bike immediately started and ran fine.

Anyone else experience this? I hope this isn't an indication of the decompression issue coming on.

Started normally after the oil change so who knows. Question, are you supposed to leave the fast idle on while the bike warms up?

man i haven't heard this, weird

i leave the fast idle on for a few seconds then turn it off and let it warm up the rest of the way with it off

I was just starting my bike to warm it up for the oil change after break-in and I was rolling the engine to TDC before kicking it and wasn't returning the kickstarter all the way up and after the 3rd kick it felt like it lost all compression. I kept rolling it over for several full kicks and still no compression. I returned the kickstarter fully let it sit a second, felt resistance and the bike immediately started and ran fine.

Anyone else experience this? I hope this isn't an indication of the decompression issue coming on.

Started normally after the oil change so who knows. Question, are you supposed to leave the fast idle on while the bike warms up?