Sign in to follow this  

First shot at helmet cam

I dont understand why the picture looks great on my computer then crappy on youtube. Well here it is. my first shot at it and a little better look at my brothers track. There is alot more to it than what you see on the video

enjoy. stay safe.

the youtube one sucked so I loaded on to another site. Here it is. thanks guys

http://www.vimeo.com/2087359

I dont understand why the picture looks great on my computer then crappy on youtube. Well here it is. my first shot at it and a little better look at my brothers track. There is alot more to it than what you see on the video

enjoy. stay safe.

Not bad...the video is compressed on youtube, not your fault. I have always heard of complaints about this. You could always try another site.

I recommend this video hosting site

I hope this helps. What cam are you using?

Get that video on another site please!! Looks like a nice video though, just hard to see.

If you look under the video there is a little link that you can click on to see the vid in higher quality.

If you look under the video there is a little link that you can click on to see the vid in higher quality.

Does it actually work. I tried that once and it did not seem to matter. just loaded slower

Rangerfng - looks like a good start - couple things to consider - youtube not only heavily compresses your source video, but also stretches the final video. Both of these functions are ok for 90% of the video out there, but it's brutal on video with high motion content. Ad the complexity of the *camera* moving 20 mph and it's usually a recipe for disaster.

Google 'best quality youtube video' for lots of tips on making your youtube video as good as it can be, then after trying all the tips, use that source video on a service like vimeo, (and a host of others) and you'll find they are always better quality than youtube for motion content.

There are also restrictions on youtube source files in order to get the 'high quality' option - if you don't upload the format they require, you won't see any benefit.

-d

Looks like the fps on the camera is a little low. It was kinda hard to tell what you were doing

It is showing up great on the home computer. then gets compressed and it sucks. it says 28 FPS prior to download.

my old video camere is 25

mitch - there's a whole lot that can go wrong in the compression/export part of creating a video. It's extremely taxing on the CPU and depending on what application your using, bad things can happen if the app is starved for data.

For starters, make absoutely certain that the only application running is the video program. Kill every other app and tsr - look in the bottom right corner of your screen and kill every process you see there. I even disconnect from th einternet and then shutdown virus protection and firewall apps.

Also if you have a second internal drive, put your source video on one drive and write to the 2nd drive. Neither drive should be your OS/application (C:) drive, and if the drives are external they must be connected by firewire 800 or esata (ie high speed connections - no USB!)

Also make sure you have lots of free space on your hard drives - I like to keep a minimum of 100GB free on all drives, and if you're on a PC, make sure you've defrag'd them recently. Don't waste your time writing to a fragmented disk.

hope that helps,

-d