good deal on cam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CRF250-CRF-250-OEM-CAM_W0QQitemZ380076572993QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380076572993&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

does this look like an alright deal for a cam or should I stay away from used cams? We think my bike needs a new cam but I don't want to spend $200 to find out it's not.

why do you think it needs a new cam? What is the bike doing or not doing?

What year of bike do you have? I do not know how good the stock 06 cam is?

the cam appears to be in good condition from what you can tell from the picture. You will still need a new OEM right side cam bearing (the one that can come off), and then you will have to swap out your decompression arm from your cam.

I think the only cam worth buying for performance gain is an 08 oem as of now though i am sure the 09 cam will be better since each year has gotten a little better so far. Unless yours is damaged than you could justify a cheaper used one

its a long story 250f rider - But basically, my bike locked up, and I spent over $1000 over the summer trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Went through everything. The only thing left now would be that the cam sprocket twisted on the shaft. Ron Hamp even agrees.

The bike won't start via kickstart, but will start by bumpstarting it. And then it will die at idle. I'm not looking for a performance gain, just want my bike running again..

then I would say go for it. Looks like a decent cam from the pictures...

I would watch ebay also as the time of that cam gets closer to an end, see if you can find an 07 OEM one, that should bolt right in no problem. (no need to change springs) -- the 07 would be better than the 06 cam.

Hope you can get riding again ??

then I would say go for it. Looks like a decent cam from the pictures...

I would watch ebay also as the time of that cam gets closer to an end, see if you can find an 07 OEM one, that should bolt right in no problem. (no need to change springs) -- the 07 would be better than the 06 cam.

Hope you can get riding again ??

i have a 07 cam on the shelf i just put in a PR2 08 cam... and yes its awsome