drz400s off road only.

kinda just gauging intrest here but do people buy and use the drz400s bike for sticktly off road usage? i may sell my new 08 but for off road use only and im curious if there is a market for the 400s for off road only use. getting cold out and i need something alot warmer with less wind.

I doubt it. People usually buy the E for off road only. It's more powerful and less money.

i though they stopped making the E version.

I do, sort of. I bought the S since there are lots of dirt roads near me that require a street legal vehicle. I never actually ride it on the pavement but a street legal vehicle is necessary. Not sure if that counts.

Any plated enduro will bring a premium in California. On average a $1000.00 more than it is really worth. drz4.jpg

getting cold out and i need something alot warmer with less wind.

What type of bike is warmer? comes with a heater? :lol:

kinda just gauging intrest here but do people buy and use the drz400s bike for sticktly off road usage? i may sell my new 08 but for off road use only and im curious if there is a market for the 400s for off road only use. getting cold out and i need something alot warmer with less wind.

I guess I don't understand your reasoning. Why can't you sell it as an on-road bike? Did you rip all the street legal stuff off it? Does NC have strange laws?

i though they stopped making the E version.

They did, but there are plenty of used ones out there.

If someone wants an off road only bike there are much better options than the S model DR-Z.

What type of bike is warmer? comes with a heater? :lol:

a goldwing....... its basically like riding in a jeep with no doors and the top off.

I ride my DRZ off road only. I mean I still ride it on the road but it's used only to connect trail to trail. If you want a cheap off road legal bike then the S is ok but it does need some money to make it a fast off road bike. I would like a husky or a ktm but for $5,600 bucks brand new or if you own one already it's not bad at all.

That brand new 08 offroad only street legal bike wouldn't happen to be hot would it.:p:lol: :lol: :lol:

To me an S is never off road only. I went S so I could connect offroad trails legally. That is to me the main focus. Now mine is a SM and good for the occasional trail ride. At 30 miles offroad a year them knobbies gonna last forever.

That brand new 08 offroad only street legal bike wouldn't happen to be hot would it.:p:lol: :lol: :lol:

i read over my post again and i don't see anywhere that i stated it was street legal, you may want to read it again but it says off road only atleast a couple times.

i read over my post again and i don't see anywhere that i stated it was street legal, you may want to read it again but it says off road only atleast a couple times.

the fact that it's an '08 S model indicates it's street legal from the factory.

so, it would be street legal unless someone has modified it.

but it says off road only atleast a couple times.

Exactly, which is why we are all confused... it should have been street legal from the factory.

Is the question you are really trying to ask, "Do you think anyone would buy a 2008 DRZ400S that I removed all of the street legal items off of in an attempt to make it a better offroad bike?"

All S models are street legal from Suzuki. I think some people are confused why its off road only now.

Edit: Regalman beat me to it.....

This bike is (Off road) only, meaning most of the street legal crap has been removed and has moto x tires on it now. was never happy with the bike from the beginning and thinking of selling it as off road only non titled at a discounted price just to get it gone. that should sum it up better sorry for the confusion i should have been more clear on the first post.

So, in North Carolina, you can't sell it with a title unless its street legal?

Did you save the other stuff?

PS - and yes, you would take a bath I'd bet selling it as offroad.

I have all the street legal stuff for it, guess i will put it all back together and install new death wings then put it on the market, if i can find time to get everything put back stock.

If you have the parts you're good advertise it as originally street legal requires reinstall of ........... on hand. You'll be better off than offroad only yet not out the time. Shouldn't be quite as bad a bath on the sale.

Tires who cares. There aren't too many DOT knobbies out and it isn't likely to be checked anyway.

Worst case is tinker at putting it together while you wait to see what price you get.