Sign in to follow this  

Pics Of Plump Pigs! XRR's Only!

* FORGET THE TITLE OF THIS DEAD THREAD...LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR LOADED XR's BOTH R's & L's *

I'll start with the disclaimer...Sorry if this is the start of a "Already Posted" thread.

Please post some pics of your bikes loaded for the camp trail. Sorry I don't have any to share as I have yet to camp off mine...I know...Lamo! :p

To take this a step further...Please list:

Recommended gear...You know the must haves or the no needs.

Your proud mods...The custom one of a kind racks, holders and storage concepts.

Thank you in advance. :lol:

Here's my BRP in camping trim.

xr1.jpg

I use a rack that I got off Ebay. Some have had problems with the welds breaking on this rack, but mine has held up so far. I don't load more than 20 pounds on it though.

I carry minimal gear when I camp. Sleep pad and bag. Kelty tarp, one pole. Small gas stove and one canister. Some freeze dried meals, mess kit, a head light. Small first aid kit and a small towel. A pair of jeans and a spare T-shirt. A small stuff sack for picking up food and stuff on the way.

I use a net bungee to stuff my sneakers under and to hold other small items I might pick up on the way.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's about it.

Oh, I carry tools, tubes, etc. too, but that's not really camping gear.

Here's my BRP in camping trim....

I carry minimal gear when I camp. Sleep pad and bag. Kelty tarp, one pole....

Sweet...Any pics of the tarp set up on the camp site?

Thanks for the post! :lol:

Well, I can't find any good ones with the one pole setup. I'll have to take some that show the whole setup.

Here's one using two poles. This is from a trip that I took with my son, so he carried the other pole. We have the sides staked for good weather. In rain or lots of wind, I don't have the sides open as much.

caprock_5.jpg

Here's an off site link to the ride report from when we took these pictures...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33614

• Like 1

Well, I can't find any good ones with the one pole setup. I'll have to take some that show the whole setup.

Here's one using two poles. This is from a trip that I took with my son, so he carried the other pole. We have the sides staked for good weather. In rain or lots of wind, I don't have the sides open as much.

caprock_5.jpg

Here's an off site link to the ride report from when we took these pictures...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33614

:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent ride write and and pics!:lol:

My dad and I do the same occasionally on our L's.

• Like 1

Thunderchild, thanks for getting the thread going.

I wish I could pull off the tarp concept but I'm to much of a wimp. There's something comforting about being zipped up in a little nylon tent that makes me feel safe from the wild.

I can't believe no one else camps off their XRR's! :lol:

:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent ride write and and pics!:lol:

My dad and I do the same occasionally on our L's.

Thanks for the kind words, martinfan30 and joenuclear!

Thunderchild, thanks for getting the thread going.

I wish I could pull off the tarp concept but I'm to much of a wimp. There's something comforting about being zipped up in a little nylon tent that makes me feel safe from the wild.

I can't believe no one else camps off their XRR's! :lol:

It's not that bad. I can stay just as dry and warm 99% of the time as I can in a tent.

I guess I have the opposite philosophy than you. If something is going to get me, I want to be able to see it coming! :p:lol:

Yeah, the XR650R is the ultimate adventure bike for the kind of rides that I like to do.

Hear it is...see it? ..no? The pack on the rear fender.

(I carry everything in a pack on my back.)

What back pack are you using? I use a "Havoc" by Cammel Bak.

Thanks for your post.

Hear it is...see it? ..no? The pack on the rear fender.

(I carry everything in a pack on my back.)

DSCN5029.jpg

Now that is some lightweight camping!

Just curious about your screen name too. I was a scale tech many years ago. Worked on truck scales, cattle scales, all kinds. Is that what your name refers to?

What back pack are you using? I use a "Havoc" by Cammel Bak.

Thanks for your post.

I use a camel back mule for short rides(small)A camel back Aries (About the size of the blow fish)(med.) for all day rides. A kelty pack Med.\full size for one day trips and a Kelty cloud9 6400 For the multi day rides.

Now that is some lightweight camping!

Just curious about your screen name too. I was a scale tech many years ago. Worked on truck scales, cattle scales, all kinds. Is that what your name refers to?

That's it! Or i should say.."was it" I kinda retired about a mounth ago.

I started out on the big scales and over the past ten years have gotten down to just retail scales and a mutitude of other equipment repair that you would see in a Deli or meat room{e.g.Costco,Albertsons}Now i just work out of my garage repairing and once in a while picking up an old bike and bringing it back to life.

I use a camel back mule for short rides(small)A camel back Aries (About the size of the blow fish)(med.) for all day rides. A kelty pack Med.\full size for one day trips and a Kelty cloud9 6400 For the multi day rides.

That's a great assortment of packs. I'm liking what I see in the "Giant Loop" saddle bag system - www.giantloopmoto.com.

I'm really hoping people jump on this thread and post what works for them. It would be great to share ideas.

Anyone using a Hennessy Hammock?

Am I hijacking my own thread? :lol:

That's it! Or i should say.."was it" I kinda retired about a mounth ago.

I started out on the big scales and over the past ten years have gotten down to just retail scales and a mutitude of other equipment repair that you would see in a Deli or meat room{e.g.Costco,Albertsons}Now i just work out of my garage repairing and once in a while picking up an old bike and bringing it back to life.

Yeah, as you know it's not easy work! I think I've had my share of cleaning knife edges and bearings.

Sorry for the thread drift... Back to the subject.

Yeah, as you know it's not easy work! I think I've had my share of cleaning knife edges and bearings.

Sorry for the thread drift... Back to the subject.

Ya! The one that really got me was the live pig scale service..EEEEWWWWE.

Anywho..have ya seen big metal sadlebags? Sure seems a little strange,it would be a good place for your foot to go when you tip over.I think it's a BMW and KLR thing.

here was my set up for a weekend trip

xr2.jpg

Sweetness...What do you not leave home without?