i reshimed my tapits in my crf250r 07, rode it then the bike turned off and locked up

ok so i reshimed my tapits for my crf250r 07 one day, rode the next day just fine, then i went riding again and the bike was sounding funny and it shut off, i kicked it a couple of times then it just locked up and wont turn over?

anyone got a clue why?

You could have not quite got the cam right...and it chunked a valve...or the cam chain tensioner messed up and you chunked a valve...or something entirely unrelated, maybe a crank....but if it kicked over for a while sounds like somethign got loose and it jamming it....so yank the cam cover and look there first, then if no signs of problems, the cylinder.

oh ok, so i could of put the cam on wrong, thanks i'll check that out first.

It could be really simple, but it only takes thirty minutes to pull the cover...so yeah start there.

I agree. Pull the valve cover proceed to check the timing and then the valve lash. From there you will have enough information to let you know if you need to disassemble any further.

Yeah i took the top off and looked at it, everything was fine the shims were not the right size though, so i think i could of broke a valve or something

Yeah i took the top off and looked at it, everything was fine the shims were not the right size though, so i think i could of broke a valve or something

No offense, but you should have someone that knows what they're doing take a look at it.

I've seen damage caused by guys who lose the retaining clip from the cam bearing caps. It works it's way down the cam chain tower and gets caught in the crank sprocket/cam chain. It either binds it up or causes it to skip a few teeth.

I dropped one of those down there once.... Fell in literally 1 second after I pulled out the rag I had stuffed in there to catch anything about to fall in. Took friggin forever to fish it out with a magnet.

No offense, but you should have someone that knows what they're doing take a look at it.

+1 :lol: