Sign in to follow this  

Trubuco Canyon

I work in saintiago canyon and ride my 650r to work on the weekends. I constantly see people coming form the trubuco canyon area on dual sports, is there access to main divide I'm missing or something? Because the only place I know of to ride around there is the holy jim road and wash area and a 4 mile road to a gate doesnt seem like it would attract that many riders.

:lol:

Go up silverado canyon to the end of the paved road.If they've opened that area up after the fires,you can do some pretty extensive riding up there since you are plated.

The gate at Maple Springs road (at the end of Silverado Cyn) is expected to open on Nov. 9th. :lol:

Cool so I am probably seeing people riding, areas that will be open soon. If anyone is ever in the area I work next to silverado elementry and am usally riding my Dual Sport alone

there is no access to the main divide road for holy jim is there? I think there are only two trailheads, but i can be mistaken.

there is some half way decent riding about 1 mile or so down holy jim...there's a trail off to the right. there's a closed gate, but a road on the side big enough to drive a truck through. it goes pretty far up and out there. :lol:

there is some half way decent riding about 1 mile or so down holy jim...there's a trail off to the right. there's a closed gate, but a road on the side big enough to drive a truck through. it goes pretty far up and out there. :lol:

Dude, not on the thread..This is PM material only. GEEEZZZZ. :p

Dude, not on the thread..This is PM material only. GEEEZZZZ. :lol:

THATS WHY I SAID ON THE "RIGHT":banana: :lol::p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I will just have to do some discovering, but ya I just realized giving out solid info on a thread is not a good idea.

Hey I have been researching around and i think that road you where talking about is the santiago truck trail, a popular mountian biking trail, it looks big enough to fit a car in it but im not sure if thats technicaly legal, but anyway its just a small loop, doesnt go up tot he main divide. :lol:, Guess i will have to ride all the way through ortega.

I was looking at saintiago truck trail as well, you can connect it to main divide if you follow it on google maps, I dont know about the legality, I just talk to some people last week that assured me maple springs will not be opening with the rest of the mountain tomorrow, due to a haz-mat thing

it opened today. there was an article in the oc register about it. story

Maple will be closed for another month or 2, Harding and Silverado truck trails are still closed.

i'm not too big on the idea of holy jim's, i've heard of people getting chased by "locals" with shotguns.

Some Bish, the dam thing is closed fo sho. Gona have to do a little poaching to get things going. Don't even think about it......

I found out about maple throught a group of mountain bike patrol people, whats the story on saintiago truck trail??? Mountain bikes only? Ive been too scared to ask mountain bike people about it being open to Dual sports

I dont know whats legal or not, but I went up there a week ago and saw a truck coming down from the trail at the trabuco canyon entrance. The gate was locked but there was a side path.

it opened today. there was an article in the oc register about it. story

Maple will be closed for another month or 2, Harding and Silverado truck trails are still closed.

i'm not too big on the idea of holy jim's, i've heard of people getting chased by "locals" with shotguns.

i go fishing up in holy jims and i have never been harassed, especially by anyone with shotguns

Keep in mind these trails will remain open as long as people stay on the designated roads and not make their own trails. There are only fireroads available to Dual SPort bikes with a plate (No singletrack). The FS has spent the last year fencing off many non-legal trail entrances and potential trail entrances. Please do not ruin it for the rest of us!

Keep in mind these trails will remain open as long as people stay on the designated roads and not make their own trails. There are only fireroads available to Dual SPort bikes with a plate (No singletrack). The FS has spent the last year fencing off many non-legal trail entrances and potential trail entrances. Please do not ruin it for the rest of us!

Good advice! This is the only way to keep our local access to this area open. Only plated bikes are allowed, hence the only trails to ride on are county fire roads. Since we are not allowed on Blackstar Canyon Rd. or Harding Truck Trail, our only option is Maple Springs via Silverado Canyon. I know it isn't much, but it is all we have and I personally would like to keep it open for us dual sport riders. I spoke with a ranger over a year ago, and his biggest problem is illegal motorcycle riding. Meaning non-plated (red/green sticker)bikes in the area and riding on undesignated "bootleg" trails. Silverado Motorway, Santiago Truck Trail and Horsethief are for non-motorized use only. Please don't take your bike on them. That would surely screw it up for everyone.