Sign in to follow this  

Grip heaters

I did a search and found some info on the EE grip heaters, I also see KTM now sells them for $28.00. When I did the search the dates were o2,03- has any one put some on recently? I have a trip to hatfiels and McCoy at the end of Nov and want to be warm.

I use the Dualstar'son a 450 exc. They work great.

Be sure to wrap your left bar end with electrical tape to prevent heat from leaching to the bar. The throttle side works well since its on the plastic tube.

Unless you want excitement... Do not wire your grips. There been many who in time the wire cuts through a section of grip and shorts the heaters. They'll get hot enough to melt the grips.

I was trying to find the moose brand - but I could only find the atv grips. It looks like the heaters are molded into the grip itself. The problem is atv grips are the same size( throttle side needs to be bigger). I think I'll try the dual star.

I was trying to find the moose brand - but I could only find the atv grips. It looks like the heaters are molded into the grip itself. The problem is atv grips are the same size( throttle side needs to be bigger). I think I'll try the dual star.

Moose does make the kind that goes under the grips. A friend of mine uses them.

I use the www.dual-star.com grips since the grips are dedicated to throttle and clutch sides, plus no resistor. The clutch side does need some extra insulation, however it is much better to use the optional heat shrink tubing from Dual Star rather than electrical tape. Electrical tape has a tendency to cause the grip the 'migrate'.

Yep, dual stars are the way to go, the EE's fell apart in short order, the DS hold up great, they use much better wire, and thier great to work wit as well.

Mike

I used the EE ones. They worked well with a Hi low switch I installed with it. The throttle side wires broken from going threw brush. But other than that heated grips are awesome.

The switch is made from Trail tech, has a kill switch too/ replaces origonal kill.

Thanks for all the info- I have ordered a set from dual-star- talked to them on the phone - seem very helpful. I'll let you know how I make out.

no, mount it to the tube just like the throttle side. also,i glue the wire to the grip flange with grip glue. it seems to take some of the stress off the connection of where the wire meets the heater tape