Sign in to follow this  

Another New UK Member

Hello All,

First post 'n' all that......

Always wanted to have a bike as a kid, never got round to it until the tender age of 35..!!

Did a little investigating on which bike to have as my first and decided on a DRZ. Only passed my test a month ago and the idea of of being up in the air with a lightweight and nimble bike was too tempting.

Picked it up last Friday and haven't been out for a good run yet (60 miles on the clock) but so far it's nothing but fun :lol:

Modding will take place slow and steady, simple things first with the addition of accessories etc and I'll do all my reading here first.

So, good to find a friendly and informed forum and here's some pictures -

DRZ400SM1.jpg

DRZ400SM2.jpg

DRZ400SM3.jpg

DRZ400SM5.jpg

Cheers

Stephen

WOW so clean!!! Nice!

Welcome :lol:

Well, she is only one day old with 10 miles on the clock there :p

Whereabout in the uk?:

Leicester and you.?

Leicester and you.?
Edinburgh... the reason I asked was to see if you were close enough to join us for this, but it'd be a bit of a trek for you :lol:

Welcome, Brit bloke! :lol:

I'm down in Newbury..... Again a bit far for you yet! :p

Well, its a bit far for me yet, lets put it that way.......

Hello guys,

Another new owner, nearly, here. I'm in Kent and have ordered mine from George Whites in Swindon, and it arrives a week today. I'm p'ex'ing a Tuono, which I can't wait to see the back of to be honest.

I'm paying £159 for insurance through Mce, I'm 39, been riding 4 years, is that good ?

Hello guys,

Another new owner, nearly, here. I'm in Kent and have ordered mine from George Whites in Swindon, and it arrives a week today. I'm p'ex'ing a Tuono, which I can't wait to see the back of to be honest.

I'm paying £159 for insurance through Mce, I'm 39, been riding 4 years, is that good ?

im 20, have 3 years ncb, and paying £205. gotta love the bargains t'internet throws up

Hello guys,

Sounds pretty good, is that fully comp? Mine only cost me £50 to insure as I tagged it onto my GSXR policy.

Woz - sounds pricey to me, mate. I went TPFT (mine IS 2nd hand) and I've no no-claims bonus, and I paid £87 for the basic policy through Bennets...... Although it is data-tagged.

When you collect it, mate, let me know, as I'm only 20 miles from GW's! :lol:

Well, she is only one day old with 10 miles on the clock there :lol:

Leicester and you.?

Welcome!

Yay! A DRZ close to me! I'm in Rugby. I pay £427 fully comp on a multibike policy with Suzuki Express Insurance. That's for my 08DRZSM and an 02GSXR600.

Hello guys,

Wow. I'm 17 and got mine for £320 on my DRZ. Seems like quite a good deal now!!

Woz - sounds pricey to me, mate. I went TPFT (mine IS 2nd hand) and I've no no-claims bonus, and I paid £87 for the basic policy through Bennets...... Although it is data-tagged.

When you collect it, mate, let me know, as I'm only 20 miles from GW's! :lol:

I'm not collecting mate, they're bringing it to me in Kent, and taking away my Tuono. I thought about TPFT but being new I didn't want to risk it. Hopefully next year it'll drop a bit, I'm not staying with MCE, they wanted me to pay a £117 cancellation fee on the Tuono, so I was caught by the short and curlies !

Just checked Bennetts, they want £196.

Crikey! Get some data-tagging / other security on there, or even get a quote for it being datatagged perhaps.... :lol:

Jesus, that's one expensive administration fee!

Tell me about it.

I rang them to swap my policy from the Tuono to the DRZ, and was told as I pay instalments they'd be an admin fee of £48 to pay, as the people I insure with wouldn't just swap bikes, they'd have to open a new policy, and also as the instalments are dealt with by a loan company (they've sold that part of their business ??) I'd have to pay the fee. I said I'd cancel the policy full stop then and go elsewhere for at least £50 cheaper than they were quoting and pay the £48 and say goodbye. I was then told in that case the fee is £117 to close the loan/insurance ! So I was stuck....I moaned and got the quote down to £159, but I will go when the renewal comes up out of principal. Sharks !

Crikey! Get some data-tagging / other security on there, or even get a quote for it being datatagged perhaps.... :lol:

I think I will get a quote, is it right that alarms/immobilisers can't be fitted/are difficult to fit to the DRZ.

I don't know, mate - I've not got one.

Datatagged, but locked to something VERY secure, with lights and CCTV too. Outside my bedroom window. :lol:

Tell me about it.

I rang them to swap my policy from the Tuono to the DRZ, and was told as I pay instalments they'd be an admin fee of £48 to pay, as the people I insure with wouldn't just swap bikes, they'd have to open a new policy, and also as the instalments are dealt with by a loan company (they've sold that part of their business ??) I'd have to pay the fee. I said I'd cancel the policy full stop then and go elsewhere for at least £50 cheaper than they were quoting and pay the £48 and say goodbye. I was then told in that case the fee is £117 to close the loan/insurance ! So I was stuck....I moaned and got the quote down to £159, but I will go when the renewal comes up out of principal. Sharks !

Jesus; when I cancelled a policy with Devitts in the summer I got a £20 fee and over £200 back to my bank account.