Sign in to follow this  

Another New UK Member

im 20, have 3 years ncb, and paying £205. gotta love the bargains t'internet throws up

whos that with mate?

Tell me about it.

I rang them to swap my policy from the Tuono to the DRZ, and was told as I pay instalments they'd be an admin fee of £48 to pay, as the people I insure with wouldn't just swap bikes, they'd have to open a new policy, and also as the instalments are dealt with by a loan company (they've sold that part of their business ??) I'd have to pay the fee. I said I'd cancel the policy full stop then and go elsewhere for at least £50 cheaper than they were quoting and pay the £48 and say goodbye. I was then told in that case the fee is £117 to close the loan/insurance ! So I was stuck....I moaned and got the quote down to £159, but I will go when the renewal comes up out of principal. Sharks !

Damn right mate, vote with your wallet!

I always used to be with Carole Nash, but, when I got my DRZ they quoted me £427 with the Gsxr if I started the policy on the 15th of March, I was able to collect the bike earlier, I callled them and they wanted £35 more! Told them if they didn't give me the same price, I'd go elsewhere, they didn't and I called Suzuki Express! They quoted me £395fully comp with 4 years NCB (not the £427 I stated earlier, my mistake)

Woz - sounds pricey to me, mate. I went TPFT (mine IS 2nd hand) and I've no no-claims bonus, and I paid £87 for the basic policy through Bennets...... Although it is data-tagged.

When you collect it, mate, let me know, as I'm only 20 miles from GW's! :lol:

TPFT is always way cheaper, I think most motorcycle claims are when people fall of them themselves so companies make fully comp way more expensive.

but £87 is a good deal.

try these guys they did an amazing deal on my 2007 GSXR 600. £470 fully comp with 1 years no claims, with loads of points on my licence, and some performance mods.

http://www.motorcycledirect.co.uk/

They were £200 cheaper than the nearest quote I could get and I shopped around big time.

try these guys they did an amazing deal on my 2007 GSXR 600. £470 fully comp with 1 years no claims, with loads of points on my licence, and some performance mods.

They were £200 cheaper than the nearest quote I could get and I shopped around big time.

MAte at work went through these with his bike - saved about £200 also. :lol:

+1, I'm with them now. £320 for a 400 at 17 is damn good.

whos that with mate?

bikesure, it was about £100 cheaper than anyone else i found.

I pay £196 for a 2003 RSV1000 and a 2002 DRZ400E on a Multibike with Bikesure:ride:

Very nice bike!!

Thanks, am glad I found this place to confirm I was buying a good piece of kit, it's a great ride. A bit twitchy on the frosty road this morning :lol:

On the insurance side I'm with Kwik-Fit and paying £276 Fully Comp, 0 NCB, 35 and passed my test 3 weeks ago. Not too bad I thought for a brand new bike.

Welcome nice ride , tie it down well becouse it will walk if left unatended , yes the forum is loaded with loads of info and ideas and most of all everybody is into there DRz big time.

There seems to be a population explosion of drz s in england at the moment!sold mine in June,dont know why really,(well i do ,i wanted a street triple but that went out of the window)i m missing it now and on the look out for another one.The power is going to be a bit of a come down after a tuono though aint it wozzerwozzer?

There seems to be a population explosion of drz s in england at the moment!sold mine in June,dont know why really,(well i do ,i wanted a street triple but that went out of the window)i m missing it now and on the look out for another one.The power is going to be a bit of a come down after a tuono though aint it wozzerwozzer?

The salesman said it would feel the same......only kidding !

It is going to be a big drop, but to be honest I figure that I'm not a good enough rider for the 130 horses the Tuono's got, I'm probably a third as good as it, so the DRZ at 40 ish should be perfect, I might be able to ride it to it's limits ? Hence hopefully more fun. The Tuono is too powerful for me, not good in the wet, not great round corners (with me in charge) and tempremental. I reckon the DRZ should be up to the commute over winter, if covered in ACF 50, but I'm not so sure I could put 30,000 miles on the Ape like I can the Suzuki.