Sign in to follow this  

I love my Beta!!!

I recently bought a 2007 Beta 450 and initally I was very cautious...what with all the negatives about quality of plastics/ electrical problems ect....

BUT having had a couple of extreme rides rock / bogs / motocross I can confirm it really is a superb bike for green laning/ trail riding....

Having ridden KTM 2/4 stroke for last 6yrs, I have always loved the engine / reliability BUT as my fellow riders like to play on rocks/ boulders a lot the KTM always struggled due to the hard suspension.

The beta has the RFS engine which is an absolute gem coupled with marazocchi shiver forks/ sachs rear end, traction is so easy and it brings a big smile to my chops....

On the weekend I rode with a CRF250/450, KTM 450, DRZ 400 , TE450- My problem on letting the boys have a ride was that none of them wanted to give it back and we concluded that it really is the ultimate trial riding machine....

DOWNSIDES - nothing major apart from plank of a seat that made my piles bleed and a dodgy headlamp switch...( typically italian you may say!)

Such an easy bike to ride and it had me stood on the pegs all day!!

The Beta felt much more tame than the KTM ( same engine ) so I'm wondering if its been detuned ...It could have been different gearing.

Very very pleased and Beta UK now have orders for two new 2009 450's.

not me unfortunately - the wife has threatened divorce but the $$$ is there - you never know:lol:

Gut's racing here in the US makes std and tall seat foams, as well as a wider comfort foam. Good stuff!

I just got my 2008 BETA RS 450 here in USA Californa.I have been riding ktm's for years.The Beta feels so much better handling wise, suspension, overall feel when riding the bike is like it's just easier to ride though rocks and roots.It is a little soft on the power then a ktm.But I still have to desmog it and change the gearing. Maybe a new pipe.I was kind of cautious about getting it as they are new to the States.I think as more people get them they will be a big hit here in the USA.

Interesting that it could be the air intake......

Certainly for greel laning the bike much is more trackable with those pukka sussy's front and rear than say a KTM equivalent.

For H+H ,some racers may prefer the KTM...BUT unless your David Knight there are not many who can hold a 450 wide open constantly - and survive!

If Beta were marketed better they could really steal market share in US/EU - tho I feel KTM may refuse to supply the moto!

See all you Beta owners are experiancing what I do with my Gasgas. So many KTM riders think that they have the best bike out there without even trying anyother exotic bikes. Not saying that my Gasgas is the best but other exotics like it can be better than the big 5.

See all you Beta owners are experiancing what I do with my Gasgas. So many KTM riders think that they have the best bike out there without even trying anyother exotic bikes. Not saying that my Gasgas is the best but other exotics like it can be better than the big 5.

:lol:

I love mine. I have been riding quads for years and just bought a Beta 450 a few months ago. The group of guys that I ride with can't believe how quick I am learning on it. All I say is "The Beta is making me a better rider".

I love mine. I have been riding quads for years and just bought a Beta 450 a few months ago. The group of guys that I ride with can't believe how quick I am learning on it. All I say is "The Beta is making me a better rider".

Funnily enough the boys I was riding with commented that my style was much more compeditive but smooth...

Don't know how much of that is " new bike syndrome" but anyway its a good feeling....

Regarding Gas Gas, the new EC200's are proving to be very popular in the UK. In the past Gas Gas has been seen as a good comp bike but low in quality ( same as Beta). The problem is once the reputation is out there, it takes years

of hardwork to change outlook - And yes you are right Gas Gas + Beta have come on leaps and bounds over last five years!

I think the softer power is because of the intake tract. The RFS motor was designed around the PDS shock location, and Beta had to use a somewhat restrictive air boot to get around their rear shock. That being said, it still makes plenty of power and is way less tiring to ride because of it.

"I love my Beta"

I couldn't agree more. I've been riding 450's and 250F's since 2002. I bought a 525RS for 2008 and the thing is awesome. You get used to the seat and it does soften a little. The tighter the trails, the better. I even put my 250F in the truck last weekend at a motocross track and rode the Beta, license plate and all, and had so much more fun on it than the 250. It is too soft for the big jumps, but handles everywhere else like a dream.

I already got the Guts soft foam replacement from Threat Racing in El Centro, Ca. and my butt likes it.

Guts offer the foam in soft, medium and hard for both the stock seat and the wider seat. However, you would have to purchase the wider seat cover.

sounds like you guys are sorted over there....We do not have such luxuries in the UK....I guess its cos we are close to the Italians:ride:

The suspension is a little soft for big jumps BUT then I'm no David Knight and for most, I'm convinced it would suffice without bottomimg out!

for trial riding it is simply the best.......The potential of the Beta is just so huge...Its a real shame they have not got their marketing act together!