Sign in to follow this  

Who has free shippng on Avon Tires

Looking to get tires, Avon Distenzias, for my stock XRL. Who has free shipping on them?

Uh Hum...the TT store has free shipping on orders over $149 and usually great prices. C'mon...support the cause.:p:lol:

Uh Hum...the TT store has free shipping on orders over $149 and usually great prices. C'mon...support the cause.:lol::lol:

Thank you!:p

This site has been so good to all of us, why not give a little back?

I agree, however, I am very computer savvy and it is very difficult to search and find the things I need. I need a piston and rings set for my 650L and some other parts. Would love to support the forum. When I do a search at the Parts Store cant find them for my L, have tried other parts—just my opinion, its hard to find the parts I am looking for. The L isn’t even listed in the OEM bikes. Maybe I am missing it, if someone can help me find what I am looking for...

I agree, however, I am very computer savvy and it is very difficult to search and find the things I need. I need a piston and rings set for my 650L and some other parts. Would love to support the forum. When I do a search at the Parts Store cant find them for my L, have tried other parts—just my opinion, its hard to find the parts I am looking for. The L isn’t even listed in the OEM bikes. Maybe I am missing it, if someone can help me find what I am looking for...

The retail site sucks. Just give them a call and they will hook you up.

Thank you!:lol:

I would agree, now a question. Can the TT store get the Acerbis 5.8 tank for the XR650L in RED????:p but seriously can they???? I would rather buy from the TT store, but I really really really want that tank in red.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com > off-road > shop by category (or brand) > Engine/clutch

When you get to the Engine/clutch category, you'll see this:

Piston/Rings

Athena Big Bore Kits & Pistons

JE Pistons

Pro X Piston Kits

Vertex Pistons (page 367-375)

Wiseco Pistons - Honda

Wiseco Pistons - Husqvarna

Wiseco Pistons - Kawasaki

Wiseco Pistons - KTM

Wiseco Pistons - Suzuki

Wiseco Pistons - Yamaha

Choose your brand, find your bike, enter the associated part number and add to cart.

I chose "wiseco honda", used the next page link to browse that section of the catalog and voila:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2008/default.asp?p=920&s=2

Not that the L piston comes in standard and overbore sizes.

The catalog pages themselves are an image, like a picture, so the text on the page is not searchable. The search functions searches the shop by brand and shop by category index pages we've created.

I would agree, now a question. Can the TT store get the Acerbis 5.8 tank for the XR650L in RED????:lol: but seriously can they???? I would rather buy from the TT store, but I really really really want that tank in red.

For the 650L, we carry the 5.8 in white.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2008/default.asp?p2=1130&s=2&p=676

Red would be an special order from Acerbis. If in stock at the mfg, it generally takes 2-3 days to arrive at our shop for shipping... To order, 1.866.6.SHOP.TT.

The retail site sucks. Just give them a call and they will hook you up.

If you don't know what you want, for just browsing "I wonder what they have for my bike?" I'll give you that. However, if you know you want a say set of 1 1/8" bars or even a set of Pro Taper Evo bars, it's really pretty simple to find.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com > off-road > browse by category (handlebars, pegs and controls) or browse by brand "P for Pro Taper"

It is a different than what some are used to, but then again, we don't cherry pick the top 30-40% of parts to list. We list the entire distributor offerings, so both the popular stuff and the hard to find stuff.

But, we take calls if those that prefer and the people you talk to all ride, so at least you're taking to someone that gets the joke "blinker fluid". :lol:

Bryan, I started this thread looking for Avon Distenzia tires. When I went to the TT site, the price on the Avon's was extremely high compared to everywhere else on the net. I'd rather do businees here but not at those prices.

Bryan, I started this thread looking for Avon Distenzia tires. When I went to the TT site, the price on the Avon's was extremely high compared to everywhere else on the net. I'd rather do businees here but not at those prices.

Tires... We suck. Frankly, we don't try to complete on tires. Why? There are a handful of companies that can buy tires below my dealer cost. They have deep pockets and buy in bulk. We can't do that at this point and for me to try to compete and ship a tire across the country is pointless. It's like writing a check to the customer. Everyone has two tires, so it's the number one loss leader item. Give away tires in hopes of getting add on sales. It's a marketing strategy.

Everything else we have excellent prices. Some of the best you'll find actually. So, please don't judge all our prices on tire prices.

Tires specifically? Nope. That's why our low price guarantee specifically exclude tires.

Honest enough? :lol:

thanks Bryan. Appreciate the honesty. It's kind of what I thought but I still did at least look at TT store, just in case.

Uh Hum...the TT store has free shipping on orders over $149 and usually great prices. C'mon...support the cause.:lol::lol:
Thank you!:p

True true very true.

I guess I go to Chaparral because It's like 2mi from my house and I have all three of their yearly mail order catalogs.

So when I want something I look it up in the books, type the part number on the site and pick it up at the store. Takes about thirty minuets. I don't like to wait for UPS.

I give em referrals because they're what know. I've actually looked for stuff on the TT store. I gotta tell ya, it's a bit involved. May be a lil site tune up is in order.

BUT (there's always a but). I do have the TT home page linked from my web sites.

Tell ya what I need a new bike jack. I'll order it from TT.

This is a tire thread.... Sorry about the hijack. :lol:

This hijack is in order.

Like Brian said, it's as simple as throwing out a PM to one of the fine parts store people.

Just include make, model, year and part needed and they are quick to respond with what you need.

I usually go and PM Matt Tiede. Been a great help to me, and others with questions.:lol: