drz 400 question

i have a 04 drz400 and my fan behind the radaitor quit working. any suggestions on fixing this. also does anyone make a front disc guard in plastic for this bike? thanks

How do you mean quit working? Dumb question I know but you do know that it does NOT work all the time right? It only come on at a set temp. The owners manual does tell you how to test it.

OK, can you spin the fan with your finger or is it sticking? If it is sticking you will want to pull the tank and look at the shroud around the fan as it might be pushed in or you could have a stick in it, I know cause I did.

thanks jeff. the fan does spin freely. i went on a brutal ride last weekend and i figured from the heat it should have come on. my buddies on their bikes did. ill look in the manual on testing .if i cant find it ill post back. thanks:ride:

thanks jeff. the fan does spin freely. i went on a brutal ride last weekend and i figured from the heat it should have come on. my buddies on their bikes did. ill look in the manual on testing .if i cant find it ill post back. thanks:ride:

Your bike might have not gotten hot enough to kick in but it is easy to test, that way you will know for sure. I have noticed that since I installed the rad guards mine kicks in a little more than before but nothing to worry about.

Let us know what you find.?