Sign in to follow this  

radaitor fan question

Make sure there is power to the switch on the radiator, if no power you have a wiring issue, and if there is you can temporarily bypass the switch. If the fan operates with the switch jumped, the switch is probably bad, so long as the bike is definitely getting up to temp. Bypassing the switch should give direct power to the fan motor. If it still doesn't operate, you probably have a bad fan motor or a ground issue.

Also make sure the fan spins freely by hand, even a small hit can bend the fan shroud enough to cause it to bind and not allow the fan to run.

Also make sure the fan spins freely by hand, even a small hit can bend the fan shroud enough to cause it to bind and not allow the fan to run.

It doesn't take much to stop it dead, even the slightest contact. I know from experience.........

It doesn't take much to stop it dead, even the slightest contact. I know from experience.........

mine was bent and stopped it from running. the SLIGHTEST resistance is all that is necessary to stop that weak motor.