Sign in to follow this  

Which bike should I buy?

We're looking for a bike for our daughter. She's 18 5'7" maybe 140 (?)...she's not an aggressive rider...just wants to go out and ride around with her brother and bf. We're looking at a 2002 Honda XR200 and a 2005 Honda CRF 230. I've been reading the posts about both bikes and the pros and cons have me more confused than ever. All I know is I want a 4 stroke. Both son and bf ride 4 strokes and I don't want to mix gas for one bike. Maybe there are other bikes I should be looking at. Any help?? please and thank you :lol:

thank you for the reply... the only thing that has me concerned about the CRF is the front suspension....lots of comments on how soft it is and the electric start has me worried? is there a kick start kit available for it?

why are you concerned about the e-start? a dying battery?

the XR's suspension isnt better. theyre about the same. what kind of riding is she doing? track, trails, dez?

kicking a hot 4 stroke is NOT fun, you will be there for ages kicking it without good technique. i cant start a hot thumper.

just desert trail riding. i am worried about the electric start. (I wish it had a kick start too) but if you think it's not going to be a problem then we'll go for it. And she'll always be with some very experienced riders who can get her started if she has a problem. I really appreciate your help. :lol:

A friend of mine was riding a beat to death 230 and it had no starting problems whatsoever. If you cant get it started for some odd reason with the e-start, you can always bump(push) start it.

why are you concerned about the e-start? a dying battery?

the XR's suspension isnt better. theyre about the same. what kind of riding is she doing? track, trails, dez?

kicking a hot 4 stroke is NOT fun, you will be there for ages kicking it without good technique. i cant start a hot thumper.

Thanks for the help....we're going to check it out today. Turns out you and my son have had some convos on here..

hope to get her up and riding soon!! :lol: