Getting a circlip out of the bottom end??

I need some help I lost a circlip on my piston while I was riding, it ruined the cylinder and piston and i have it all apart but I can not find the clip anywhere. Do you guys have any ideas on how to flush the little guy out of there..??

Thanks a ton, Justin ?

Everything moves freely and it didnt stop running just got real loud. So I think it is laying in there.

Has anybody ever heard of a method of filling it up and turning it over to flush it out?? One person recomended diesel fuel but I dont know about that??

That is a good idea on the magnet I just have to find a small enough one that telescopes..

The odds are you have steel, chrome and aluminum spread throughout the engine. Split the cases and wash them out thoroughly. If you have access to a parts washer, yay! If not, use a five gallon bucket, a gallon of diesel and a parts cleaning brush. Also use a cup to dip and pour the solution through to get rid of all the sludge that settles and sticks on the bottom. Don't take any chances of frying a new piston and sleeve due to a lack of dilligence. Once all the particles have settled to the bottom of the bucket, slowly pour off the diesel into another container and use that to rinse everything really well before assembly.

That's what I would do, but, it's your engine.?

Regarding the circlip, shop around and see if you can find a source for teflon buttons to take the place of them.

button.jpg

They just fit into both ends of the wristpin to keep it centered and can't harm anything. If they aren't available make sure the new circlips are spread well and the ends are well away from the access hole that's used for removal.

Dave

I need some help I lost a circlip on my piston while I was riding, it ruined the cylinder and piston and i have it all apart but I can not find the clip anywhere. Do you guys have any ideas on how to flush the little guy out of there..??

Thanks a ton, Justin ?

Take the motor off. Spray or pour a degreaser or parts cleaner in the case swish it around. Let it sit swish summore then turn upside down and shake it around. It should come out whatever is left of it. Then just keep doing it untill u think its all out. Yall get it out!

Thanks for all the great responses.

Maybe I was hasty to say the condition of cylinder. It was only marked in two places where the wrist pin came out and hit it. The piston barely has a mark on it, but I wont reuse a piston no matter how slight. So as far as other particles there really is none... I was barely moving when it happened and shut right off, and still rotates freely.

Any ideas where I can score some of those teflon buttons, i hate circlips even more now.

The bike is a 06 kx250f

Thanks again you guys are awesome...?

I would say split the cases too. You've already spent considerable time and money. Wouldn't it suck if something came loose and destroyed all your work? How can you be sure the circlip didn't tear something up in the case?

I have a 20 gal parts washer, and I filled and rinsed an old RM250 bottom end and blew it out with air probably 40 times. I ended up having to split it anyway, and when I pulled it apart I found chunks of aluminum in both main bearings.

Thanks for all the great responses.

Maybe I was hasty to say the condition of cylinder. It was only marked in two places where the wrist pin came out and hit it. The piston barely has a mark on it, but I wont reuse a piston no matter how slight. So as far as other particles there really is none... I was barely moving when it happened and shut right off, and still rotates freely.

Any ideas where I can score some of those teflon buttons, i hate circlips even more now.

The bike is a 06 kx250f

Thanks again you guys are awesome...?

oh i thought it was a 2 smoke so disregard what i said