Headed north on vacation to Tahoe. Ride Tuesday 11/11 to 11/13?

I'm headed to South Lake Tahoe and I'm wondering if I should bring my bike. I could go fro a ride on Tuesday 11/11, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd love bring my bike and hit some trails. I'm up for just about anything. I prefer the tough singletrack. I'm dual sported so I can go just about anywhere. PM me and let's set something up!

Would anyone be able to join me and show me some good stuff? Will all the mountain trials be hip deep in snow? Will I have to drive far to the west or the Nevada deserts? If anyone who is off one of those days can ride I would really appreciate it.

Anyone know anything about riding in Sedona? After my week in Tahoe, I'm headed to Sedona for another week.

Someone please save me. If I don't line up a ride of some kind, I'll be forced to bring my street bike instead. Speeding tickets are expensive!

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Nothing really worthwhile in the basin of SLT. Snow isn't a worry yet but your best bet is probably going east to the Gardnerville/Minden area. Some pretty good areas for desert riding. If you do decide to go the street bike route I've got several excellent routes I'd be happy to share.

It is not to far to Horse Canyon from SLT. About 45 mins. If you like tough st. that is it. Just ask 9 Lives. I would show Horse Canyon but mid week may be tough to get away. Also snow is always a possibilty this time of year. If that is the case, then you'll need to head down to Carson City and check out the Pine Nuts. You will definitly need someone to show you around Pine Nuts to find the good stuff.

Nothing really worthwhile in the basin of SLT. Snow isn't a worry yet but your best bet is probably going east to the Gardnerville/Minden area. Some pretty good areas for desert riding. If you do decide to go the street bike route I've got several excellent routes I'd be happy to share.

I'm in SoCal so I get plenty of desert. I understand that there is not really anything legal in the basin. I'd really like to hit something in El Dorado NF off the 88 or the 50 if it is possible. Driving an hour or two might be OK. Even Goergetown or Foresthill are possibilities as I have never been on any of the trails in Tahoe or Eldorado NF.

Maybe I'll bring both bikes. Now that's an idea...

I'm headed to South Lake Tahoe and I'm wondering if I should bring my bike. I could go fro a ride on Tuesday 11/11, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd love bring my bike and hit some trails. I'm up for just about anything. I prefer the tough singletrack. I'm dual sported so I can go just about anywhere. PM me and let's set something up!

Would anyone be able to join me and show me some good stuff? Will all the mountain trials be hip deep in snow? Will I have to drive far to the west or the Nevada deserts? If anyone who is off one of those days can ride I would really appreciate it.

Anyone know anything about riding in Sedona? After my week in Tahoe, I'm headed to Sedona for another week.

Someone please save me. If I don't line up a ride of some kind, I'll be forced to bring my street bike instead. Speeding tickets are expensive!

Thanks in advance,

Carl

I can be talked into taking a day off.?

I can show you some El Dorado National Forest - I am sure you will have a great time.

I think we will have rain by then, so the riding will be epic.

Send me a post and see what we can put together.

I can be talked into taking a day off.?

I can show you some El Dorado National Forest - I am sure you will have a great time.

I think we will have rain by then, so the riding will be epic.

Send me a post and see what we can put together.

Take this guy up on his offer, he can definitely show you some good stuff.?

I'd volunteer to show you around too, or at least to tag along , but I just broke my arm last weekend and will be out of action for a while. ?

this thread is hella sweet bro. Lets go ahead and advertise other really good riding spots in the area so they can get over ran by hole diggers.

I am 100% certain you do not know where I ride nor can you tell by this thread where I ride. I keep good riding spots private and by invite only:thumbsup:

Take this guy up on his offer, he can definitely show you some good stuff.?

I'd volunteer to show you around too, or at least to tag along , but I just broke my arm last weekend and will be out of action for a while. ?

That sucks man - I really enjoyed riding with you.

Let me know when you heal up and we can hit the sweet trails - they will be rained on by then.

Will you heal by the seasonal closure?

If not, PM me and we can plan something.

That sucks man - I really enjoyed riding with you.

Let me know when you heal up and we can hit the sweet trails - they will be rained on by then.

Will you heal by the seasonal closure?

If not, PM me and we can plan something.

I take vacation the last couple of weeks of every year, so I better be healed up by then.

this thread is hella sweet bro. Lets go ahead and advertise other really good riding spots in the area so they can get over ran by hole diggers.

I didn't ask for any directions and I sure don't intend on posting GPS tracks or anything. I'm just hoping that someone would be willing to show a fellow TTer some cool trails. No need to post any particulars. That can be done in PMs just fine.

How's this -> What trail? I don't even own a bike.

I see that you are new. Hang around for a while and you will see a kind of trail posting etiquette that goes on in here. You might agree or disagree, but that's a subject for another thread.

Is this thing going to happen?

I need a few days notice so I can arrange to miss work.

I try and call in sick and ride, but when I show up the next day

all beat up and smiling - I think they know it was Bike Flu:thumbsup:

That's a yes! I am 110% committed!

I'm very flexible. I can ride one day on Tue 11/11, Wed 11/12, or Thur 11/13. I'll be on vacation so whatever day works best for you.

That's a yes! I am 110% committed!

I'm very flexible. I can ride one day on Tue 11/11, Wed 11/12, or Thur 11/13. I'll be on vacation so whatever day works best for you.

I will check with the old lady - I have to pick up my kid one of those days - but open for the other 2.

So I will let you know tomorrow which days I am open.

Ride on - it will be a blast!!!!!!

I will check with the old lady - I have to pick up my kid one of those days - but open for the other 2.

So I will let you know tomorrow which days I am open.

Ride on - it will be a blast!!!!!!

Checked with the old lady - only the 13th is out.

Open the 11th or 12th - your choice.

I would prefer the 11th - but am open.

As it gets closer - we may want to look at the weather for those days.

Let's Ride!!!