Sign in to follow this  

WR200, how likely?

What are the odds one of these will be produced for 2010?

Or is it totally speculation at this point? :lol:

We can all hope. So far I have not seen any evidence that Husqvarna is committed to putting serious money into the two strokes. The only upgrades they get are hand me downs from the four stroke line or real easy stuff to do like the big bore 300. I hope to see a 144-200 and a new 250/300 motor but am not counting on it.

We can all hope. So far I have not seen any evidence that Husqvarna is committed to putting serious money into the two strokes. The only upgrades they get are hand me downs from the four stroke line or real easy stuff to do like the big bore 300. I hope to see a 144-200 and a new 250/300 motor but am not counting on it.

Every time i ride my CR 125 i say to my self why do i need more.Every time i race my CR 125 and beat the open class they must agree.

This past weeken

and the 3 weeks before i spent hours and hours on my TE 510 scouting and marking trails for round 8 of the AMA National hare and Hound race.On sat before the race i pre rode it at speed on my CR 125 to make sure it was marked correctly for speed as i raced around i said to myself i sure do not need any more bike .My TE 510 is a work horse for sure, i had a rack on the front to carry stakes and a 4 foot crow bar to help move rocks.But for pure fun it is a stock 125 If they make a stock 144 or 200 i will try it but for now the 125 is ok no need to wait if you need a new bike the 125 is a sure bet

I'd say the chance is better than slim( not saying much). We didn't think we'd see; the 2t's in the new frame, the WR125 on these shores, a 300, etc.

It's possible, and if BMW really wants to go head to head with KTM, we might just see one.

It's possible, and if BMW really wants to go head to head with KTM, we might just see one.

Depends on how much they want it.... interesting.

Husky must be planning on updating the wr 250 like the 125. I am sure they do not want to have two completely different frames, drive trains, etc.. for manufacturing purposes. They just want to use up their current stock of frames and parts from the old 2 strokes.

If they just added a larger tank for 2010 it would be totally race ready.

I doubt that we will see one. I bet we would get a WR144 before a 200. The last time I talked to my local KTM dealer, he told me that 200s dont sell anymore. He didnt even order 1 09 200XCW.

Husky needs to re-do the 2010 WR250/300 before they worry about a 200 IMO.

I doubt that we will see one. I bet we would get a WR144 before a 200. The last time I talked to my local KTM dealer, he told me that 200s dont sell anymore. He didnt even order 1 09 200XCW.

That's too bad. I have an '02 200EXC and I love it, perfect woods bike. My nephew just got an 08 200xc. If I was in the market for a new dirt bike, I definitely get a 200XCW. Erzberg Champ Taddy Blazusiak uses one, maybe that will increase the 200's popularity.

http://tblazusiak.pl/news_en_117_blazusiak_wins_endurocross_las_vegas.html

. Erzberg Champ Taddy Blazusiak uses one, maybe that will increase the 200's popularity.

What is "Erzberg"?

I saw this word watching a you tubage vid last night with a Husaberg in it climbing some ridiculously steep hill and wasn't sure what that word meant/is.

Husky needs to re-do the 2010 WR250/300 before they worry about a 200 IMO.

Maybe it is not a popular Ontario bike. I think they sell a ton of them on the east coast and I see a lot of them in the Pacific NW.

What is "Erzberg"?

I saw this word watching a you tubage vid last night with a Husaberg in it climbing some ridiculously steep hill and wasn't sure what that word meant/is.

Erzberg is a gnarly european enduro held in Austria in a rock mine.

Maybe it is not a popular Ontario bike. I think they sell a ton of them on the east coast and I see a lot of them in the Pacific NW.

I see a ton of 200s too, the majority of the riders in my enduro and harescrambles class are aboard KTM 200s, they easily outnumber 125s 4 to 1.

Erzberg is a gnarly european enduro held in Austria in a rock mine.

There's some really gnarly enduros in Europe. Erzberg, Romaniacs, etc... KTM sells some great videos if you like watching enduros. I certainly do. I love gnarly off road riding.

Blasuziak also just won the Vegas round of Endurocross. I think he might be good.

What are the odds one of these will be produced for 2010?

Or is it totally speculation at this point? :lol:

Odds? about the same as the odds for the minibikes. slim to none