Which carbs fit ttr 125

My choke cable has recently stopped working due to that dumb little setup with that tiny little ball. I tried to grease it and loosen it up but it failed.

I need to know other carbs such as the 200x, kx 65, or any other carbs that people have used that work.

I just want to get rid of all those cables and put a regular carb with a regular choke on it.

keihin 24mm round slide......a honda 150 carb with a bbr adapter is the easiest fix with a 42pilot and 110 main .......seems to be a pretty good fit for the bike.

200x is and older kehin 24mm carb and also works good if you can find one in good shape....i used a honda carb for a while until i bored , then i went up to a 26bbr,......the 24mm a better choice for a stock bore . you lose low end for some reason with the 26 on a stock bore.

is that from a crf 150 or what?

crf150f.......the whole assembly will work.

I'm working with a TM28-418, but it's not something that should be used on a stock bike. It'll require a few mods.

Choke's on the inside, across the exhaust pipe. You have to modify your throttle cable guide, or create a way to prevent the throttle cable from wearing out, were it enters at the top of the TM. It's taller than the stock carb and butts up against the tank.

You may be able to find one off of a Suzuki 250 4 stroke street or trail bike. You can buy them new, too, for around $130. Jetting it has been a long slow process, I've been keeping notes, though. I'm at a 17.5 to 22.5 pilot, O-6 needle jet, stock needle mid position, and a really rich sounding 300 main. The small engine and slow air flow at WOT doesn't pulling enough fuel with the 180 main that came with it. At this point, I have discovered a nice side effect: I never have to use the choke to fire up the bike... it never changes idle speed.:p

In your case I'd listen to John. John's ideas are sound. He has played with a few carbs on his TTR, modded and unmodded, let alone other bikes. :lol:

-Kerry

I'm working with a TM28-418, but it's not something that should be used on a stock bike. It'll require a few mods.

Choke's on the inside, across the exhaust pipe. You have to modify your throttle cable guide, or create a way to prevent the throttle cable from wearing out, were it enters at the top of the TM. It's taller than the stock carb and butts up against the tank.

You may be able to find one off of a Suzuki 250 4 stroke street or trail bike. You can buy them new, too, for around $130. Jetting it has been a long slow process, I've been keeping notes, though. I'm at a 17.5 to 22.5 pilot, O-6 needle jet, stock needle mid position, and a really rich sounding 300 main. The small engine and slow air flow at WOT doesn't pulling enough fuel with the 180 main that came with it. At this point, I have discovered a nice side effect: I never have to use the choke to fire up the bike... it never changes idle speed.:p

In your case I'd listen to John. John's ideas are sound. He has played with a few carbs on his TTR, modded and unmodded, let alone other bikes. :lol:

-Kerry

let us know how the 28 works out when your finished,,,i have A 28 oval slide kehin that ive tried and never really got it jetted right.....ive also heard of others having the same woes.......i think its too big even for the 150kit as im running 24mm's on my honda 150's/175's with cams and bb kits.....and the performance is outstanding with a stock carb...........my ttr has the bigger 26mm and im not sure its better.......ive not been a big fan of larger bore carbs on these little engines but never say never......sometimes you end up eating your words and im always game to try something new.... and , it also depends on where you want your power to be as to which is best...i mostly trail ride these days and dont want to give up low end for top end performance that i will rarely use.....but for some areas and riding styles, i can see where it would be enticing and a good trade off for others.... so it's really tasters choice......................jls:thumbsup:

crf150f.......the whole assembly will work.

By the whole assembly do you mean just the carb itself. there is one on ebay right now. it is just the carb with the hoses no cables or a manifold. Would that work or is there something else i would need to make it fit.

you need the bbr adapter........and a cr cable and throttle or, and 150f throttle and cable........you need the bbr adapter for any of the keihin rounds 24mm that ive seen.........ive seen the whole setup for the 150f for sale alot. thats how i got mine. i had the adapter but bought the throttle, cable, and carb for 60.00 shipped......in great shape. you may have to be patient but theyll show up. you can slightly mod the top of the carb and get the yz 85 cable to work with the stock throttle as well.....if you had a yz 85 cable, i could show you what to do.....jls

do you know what the 200x carb is off of. i know a guy who did that and he said it starts fine every time and i don't think he had to do any mods to mount it

do you know what the 200x carb is off of. i know a guy who did that and he said it starts fine every time and i don't think he had to do any mods to mount it

its off of a 1986 200x honda 3 wheeler.........its a keihin 24mm and ive run it and it works really well. the problem is they are pretty old and most need to be rebuilt. not a real big deal cuz its easy and cheap to do. the honda 150f is a more modern version of the same carb,,,,,,but most were made after 02 so they are newer , generally in better shape, and can be jetted and used as is. thats the biggest reason i tell people to look for that one . basically its the same carb....and both are perfect for a stock ttr...........you do need a manifold and the ttr cable doesnt have enough travel to work on either carb. your friend might have bought it with the throttle and cable.....alot are sold that way...ive used both carbs and they worked equally well but when my 200x started leaking and needed a rebuild , i had an extra honda carb and just swapped them out.......i might have a 200x that needs rebuilding ......i have a honda carb throttle and cable with the adapter but promised it to dad rider....

so thats not an option ......good luck .......hope this helped.....jls use caution as some of those ebay carbs are spin offs and im not sure about the quality of them. make sure its a REAL honda carb.