Picked up an '09 yesterday-pics

Coming off an '06 YZ450 with 140+ hours and a lot of off-road mods. I haven't ridden Kawasaki since a 1999 KX125. I've just read too many good reviews about the '09 KX450 and it was also just time. Got the purchase order approved (wife's :lol: ) Sunday night and picked it up Monday at work.

003.jpg

001.jpg

I have a lot of parts on order to get it set-up the way I like. Flexx bars, bar mounts, grips, springs front and rear, ICS, Rekluse Pro, X-ring chain, Ironman sprockets, FMF Ti-Q slip-on, ECU programmer, hand guards, pre-printed backgrounds, and steering damper mount. I set my bikes up Worcs style, about 60% moto/40% off-road. I'll post more pics once everything is on. Pretty sad when you buy a $7500 bike these days and still have to add $2K worth of stuff to get it set-up the way you like. :p

Congrats! Welcome back to the green side! Can't wait to see the beast all WORCS'ed out.

And when your done with your programer, I will be happy to borrow it from you! :lol:

Hopefully the day will come when you can pre-order your bike with a list of options (just like a car) and maybe be able to say a few bucks in the process...

please post pics when youve gotten mods done you are going to have the sweetest bike ever!

Nice looking bike. I love the black rims and the fork coating. I bet it runs as good as it looks, and will be a even better when you get built up.:lol:

the real question is....will john figure out when to pit for gas on this bike?

i'm jealous. what about the pro-circuit linkage arm?

Congratulations on the new steed! :lol:

Thanks everyone. I'll make sure to post pics when its all done.

Steve, from what I hear there will be no need for a larger tank since all the local races will only be 70 mins........

Kawasaki raised the swingarm pivot 3mm this year, so maybe it doesn't need the PC link. We'll test and see. Gotta get the suspension broken in and dailed in first.

I'll have to consider "renting" out my programmer. :lol:

Theres no two ways about it that bike is just plain sexy!!!! Without a doubt the best looking bike on the market. Congrats and enjoy! I want one!!!!!!

Please let us know how it feels compared to your 06 YZ. I have a 07 YZ and will be buying a new bike this coming year and am leaning toward green.

Please let us know how it feels compared to your 06 YZ. I have a 07 YZ and will be buying a new bike this coming year and leaning toward green.[/QUOTE]

That is a good start

Please let us know how it feels compared to your 06 YZ. I have a 07 YZ and will be buying a new bike this coming year and am leaning toward green.

+1

I have an 06 YZ450 that I find to be a great all-round machine, so I would be very interested on how the two machines compare. Thanks in advance.

I'll post my ride report tomorrow and campare it to my '06 YZ450.

there is no comparison:thumbsup: :worthy::eek:

you'll love it