Sign in to follow this  

09 CRF450 Lighting Coil

Hey Guys

Question since the 09 CRF450 has a stator that powers the EFI unit. Does it have enough power to power a head light if you ever wanted to. Haven't registered my bike since I bought it out of state and it would be cool to plate it for dual sport :lol:.

Thx

Dave

You can't dual sport red stickered bikes. Some have slipped past the DMV, but eventually they catch up to you and revoke your plate.

Now if you had a family member living out of state, you could register it there and have it dualsported.

You'd need a good dualsport kit, headlight/taillight/blinkers/horn/speedo.

I know in California, you need to have a battery that is capable of powering the lights (with the bike shut off) for about 10 minutes.

Well I have a MSO when i bought it from bartlesville so i can register it anywhere really. Most places we ride are places where there at no rangers or we ride tracks. My last bike 05 crf 450 wan't registered for 3 years and never had a problem.

I cant see this system with enough output for much more than keeping the capacitor charged and fuel pump running...Lights ? no way

I know in California, you need to have a battery that is capable of powering the lights (with the bike shut off) for about 10 minutes.

That's interesting...I wonder how KTM got around that? Their factory plated

EXCs headlights are powered off AC.

Sorry for the hijack.