Sign in to follow this  

Honda St90 & Ct70 engine swaps

Hi everyone!! I would like to know if those chinese 125cc engines will be a ''bolt on'' engine into a Honda st90 & Ct70 frame with no modifications needed... And will it use the honda carb, electricals, pipe, etc... Thank you vey much!!

They will on the 50s and 70s but not the 90s. The 90 cases have 3 engine mounts and the 50 / 70 engines hae 2 engine mounts.

Dwight

But what if those two mounts on the 50/70s line up with two of the three on the 90s....

Even if they don't, I'd be looking at fabbing my OWN engine mounts. Those hot-rod Lifan motors look like they'd be a hoot in a vintage 90 frame, say, an S90 or something.

Kirk

Wouldn't electrics be a pain to set up? I'm thinking along the lines of 6V/12V, alternator/magneto, CDI/points, etc.

dratv.com shows ya how to do it and they sell an adapter for the other engine mount

Some motors require some footpeg modifications, and all of the classic will need some kind of 12v swap because the stock motors were 6. Im getting ready to do a 150 4speed manual to one of our CT70s my self. :lol:

dratv.com shows ya how to do it and they sell an adapter for the other engine mount

A place that has parts for my '66 trail 90, that rocks! Thanks for posting it!