Sign in to follow this  

Honda St90 & Ct70 engine swaps

Hi everyone!! I would like to know if those chinese 125cc engines will be a ''bolt on'' engine into a Honda st90 & Ct70 frame with no modifications needed... And will it use the honda carb, electricals, pipe, etc... Thank you very much!!

hi

we have done many , many ct70 to gpx or lifan engine swaps

no mods are needed on the main motor mounts

you will need an aftermarket footpeg mount or to spaced down /widen the stocker

the motors we sell include many of the components needed or we can add them in

http://tboltusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=114

on a newer 12v bike you can swap the whole ignition / stator plate

but the older 6v stators wont fit the china motors

Hi everyone!! I would like to know if those chinese 125cc engines will be a ''bolt on'' engine into a Honda st90 & Ct70 frame with no modifications needed... And will it use the honda carb, electricals, pipe, etc... Thank you very much!!

the Honda Electricals you have to swap over they will not mate up Honda Harness to China Harness.

the Honda Stator will swap over to the china motor with no problems

Hi thanks for the replies!! But when you say stator, do you mean the magneto?? Also if I understand well, I would have to change the coil, and wiring for the chinese one right? Is that all I have to do? The Honda carburetor, exhaust, kick start,and shifter will fit on the 125cc motor? Also T-Bolt spoke about the Ct70, but what about the St90? Is it the same as the Ct70?

hi

i spoke about the ct70 because it super popular with my customers who have made the swap

it has the same 2 bolt engine pattern as the crf50/70 z50 xr50/70 sl70 ect

the st90 is a slightly as im told and some mods are needed

if you have a newer 12 volt ct70 (or crf50/70) you can just unbolt the flywheel ,stator plate (magneto) and bolt it to the china motor

but if you have the older 6 volt system you need to run the bike off the new engines electrical system

you can then run lights from the output with a 6 volt step down voltage regulator or use a 12v reg and swap out your bulbs for 12v bulbs

your stock pipes will fit ,but may be restrictive