weird [wont start]

i had a floating valve on my old head and it made crazy backfire

so i took it off and replaced it with a new head new EVERYTHING even cams

its within spec

and so i put it on, new gasket, and it wont start, i put a new plug in it and i made sure the timing was right 4 times

its getting gas and has compression and it even has a brand new spark plug cap

whats the deal? :lol:

Well here is the thing, If you have GOOD compression, the RIGHT amount of fuel and spark, the bike is gonna start no matter what. So I would double check all of that, clean your carb out and make sure the jetts arent plugged, and do a compression test. It sounds to me like your either not getting fuel or your timing is off even though you said you checked it, it could be 180 degrees off.

hmmm. I agree with slampert...make sure the motor is at TDC and then check your cam timing. from the front dot on the exhaust cam to the back dot on the intake cam you should count 28 pins in the timing chain. its hard for me to explain on here lol. other than that make sure that the spark plug cap is connected properly. take the plug out and connect the spark plug cap and put the end of the spark plug on the side of the motor so it is grounded and kick the motor over with your foot without touching the motor with your hand so it wont shock you to make sure you are getting spark. again its kinda hard for me to explain without being there to show you.

It sounds to me like your either not getting fuel or your timing is off even though you said you checked it, it could be 180 degrees off.

How can it be 180 degrees off?

uhh yah, I dont know what the hell I was talking about, but what I was trying to say was make sure the motor is at TDC. It was a long day.

lol well it ends up the 04 head to my 05 had a VERY slight diff thread on the side allens so i just drilled em out and she went on like a glove, it didnt seal right so colant leaked into the cylinder and wet the spark =[

i took her for a spin today and i almost shit my pants, it was FAST

Good to hear!:lol: