XR70 swingarm on an XR50?

Help Mister Wizard! I'm mounting up an XR70 swingarm and XR70 front forks to my boys XR50. The swingarm bolted up effortlessly. Haven't got to the front end yet.

But here's the trouble. The stock XR50 rear hub won't fit the brake mounting boss on the 70s swingarm. So I mounted up the 14' stock XR70 wheel assembly. Fits great. But what's the real solution? Should I lace up the XR70 hub with a heavy duty 10" or 12" rear wheel? Lace it up to the stock 10"er?

Leave the 14" on there? I'm planning to run a 12" wheel up front with the XR70 forks if the ride height and bike attitude allows. Thanks for your help guys.

Budso

Help Mister Wizard! I'm mounting up an XR70 swingarm and XR70 front forks to my boys XR50. The swingarm bolted up effortlessly. Haven't got to the front end yet.

But here's the trouble. The stock XR50 rear hub won't fit the brake mounting boss on the 70s swingarm. So I mounted up the 14' stock XR70 wheel assembly. Fits great. But what's the real solution? Should I lace up the XR70 hub with a heavy duty 10" or 12" rear wheel? Lace it up to the stock 10"er?

Leave the 14" on there? I'm planning to run a 12" wheel up front with the XR70 forks if the ride height and bike attitude allows. Thanks for your help guys.

Budso

You have to weld up a brake stop on the 70 swingarm that fits the hub... I have a 70 swingarm on my 50 stocker....takes 10 min with someone that knows how to weld

Thanks for the advice on welding up the swingarm. I'm welder equipped so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've now mounted the front forks from the XR70 onto the 50. Same trouble fitting the brake stop to the stock 50 hub, only this time the slot on the fork that holds the hub is too large. Any easy fix for this? Thanks. Budso

Thanks for the advice on welding up the swingarm. I'm welder equipped so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've now mounted the front forks from the XR70 onto the 50. Same trouble fitting the brake stop to the stock 50 hub, only this time the slot on the fork that holds the hub is too large. Any easy fix for this? Thanks. Budso

Yes...as a matter of fact ive just upgraded my Motard CRf50 with a set of CRf70 forks

IMG_0615.jpg

1. you must use the CRf70 wheel spacer and axle

2. you need to slightly remove material from the CRf50 drum so that the Hub stop on the Forks will grab enough Meat in the hub

3. use a few washers as spacers on the other side to compensate for any space lost.

Im not 100% Positve but bet the CRf70 Brake hub will fit in the CRf50 hub

Thanks fellas! I see what I've got to do.

Budso