Sign in to follow this  

ktm sx 125 or kx 250

ok guys need your help, I am in need of a new to me bike. I am looking at a 2003 ktm sx 125 that is in really good shape. The bike looks stock from the pic's, the pipe looks brand new. The only thng I can see wrong with it is it may need a new back tire soon and the sub frame as a lil tweak.

I am also looking at a mint 2004 kx 250, this thing has only had 1 owner and has been very well looked after. The motor is stock with 6 rides on new top end. Comes with almost new pc pipe and v force reeds. It has a few other goodies.

Both bikes are the same money $2600.00 ca, The thing is I have only been riding for these season and can't even ride a 125 to helf its ability. I many ride small local tracks and trails when I can find them. I plan on doing more hare scrambles with a lil track riding.

What do you think??

Thanks

Chris

If you can't ride your 125 to half it's ability why would you want a 250? stick to the 125 and work on your riding skill's. riding should be fun, not scary!!! after you master the 125 then maybe think about a bigger bike.

• Like 1

If you can't ride your 125 to half it's ability why would you want a 250? stick to the 125 and work on your riding skill's. riding should be fun, not scary!!! after you master the 125 then maybe think about a bigger bike.

Well what I meant by that is prob 75% of people riding (not racers) cant ride a 125 to its full ability. i am sure i can get used to the 250 no prob but do I really need it no! but it is a great bike at a good price but so is the 125 ktm. i have never tried a ktm and don't know anything about them.

I agree though riding should be fun and not scary.

thanks

The KX will be a better-do-it-all bike and have better suspension then a 03 KTM sx.

• Like 1

ya i went and looked at the sx tonight and it needed more work then I thought so I am going for the kx. If i don't like the power then I will sell it in the spring and get a 125.

Thanks

The KX's are great geared down a bit, 14/52T is what we have liked in the past.