Sign in to follow this  

Can we discuss 7/8" bars with a Scotts stabilizer for a second?

Anyone have any pics of a over the bar mounted Scotts with a 7/8" bar?

I'm just trying to see how well it works with the limited clearance between the stabilizer and the crossbar, and additionally if reversing the stabilizer on the mount would provide any benefits compared to non-reverse.

I'm thinking the ProTaper Windham bend is the rise and sweep I'm looking for..I'm assuming a bar that high is going to give me the 40mm clearance I need?

I had my bike set up with the 7/8 and scott's before I switched it out to the 1 1/8. What I ended up doing is bending the crossbar with a tire iron. It worked pretty well. I still have the top clamp that goes on top of the stock tripple clamp to bolt the damper to if you're interested.

Scotts I already have the crossbar that allows room for the stabilzer. They are out there. I had the fat bars, but did not like them because I couldn't easily bolt on all the crap I need for my enduros. I'm back to the standard bars now.

I reveresed my stabilizer so I could mount my trail tech computer. That's the only way it will fit. It took about 15minutes to get that stabilizer arm reversed, but its fine now.

Its a good setup and I have not yet caught my nuts on the stabilizer when I go over the bars :lol:

I still have the top clamp that goes on top of the stock tripple clamp to bolt the damper to if you're interested.

dammit!, I just ordered one from Scotts yesterday!

dammit!, I just ordered one from Scotts yesterday!

Next time.

You really don't have to buy new bars. The cross bar bends as if its made of butter.